Rock Roxx

There was Jefferson Airplane, Airplane, Jefferson Starship, and then Starship...

This is almost universally considered the worst song to come out of the 80s, and Jefferson Airplane was a great band... Their lineage gave us this:

I am almost sorry... Almost...
Yep i hope i can go the rest of my life and never hear that song again!

Yep i hope i can go the rest of my life and never hear that song again!

If it was pop and top-40 during the 80s, odds are good that I've not only played it - but I've performed it AND dressed the part.

There are songs I won't play ever again. For example, I love Ritchie Sambora but I will never again play "Wanted (Dead or Alive)". I just won't do it.

I can play each and every one of the instruments for Home Sweet Home. Literally, all of them. In fact, I did so a few years back for a group of people I visit many weekends where we share recordings of our work. I'd have normally refused to play that again, but a nice older lady really wanted to hear it done by me and I'm a sucker for the ladies.

Literally, I can play every single instrument at 100% effectiveness for Home Sweet Home. The same is true for oh so many other songs.

Here's a confession...

I have not only played a "keytar" in stage, I have done so while looking the part.

is this better ?

is this better ?

I ain't clicking that...

The intro is actually easy to play, by the way. You start on the 14th fret and work your way down to the fifth using whole notes and then slide to the 3rd fret. Your next step is a D chord while playing the 'dead or alive' notes. Then, it's just a D, C, G, and F chord, with a few flourishes along the way.

Fine... I'll click the play button, but only because I'm inebriated!

Man, the whole fricken band made a living out of dressing like Stevie Ray Vaughan.

I swear that song just ****es me off. I ain't ever clicking that link again.

Yeah... Got a 'loaded six string' on his back. That makes sense. What are you gonna do with a guitar on the side of the street? I'd suggest busking, seeing as they're already there.

Also, it's probably time for this old man to stop posting.

Also, this was recorded for another site (more music oriented) but I wanted to make sure you knew I wasn't kidding.

I am so sorry... Yeah, it's the right song. Yeah, it's done 'right'. Yeah, it's a horrible song.

Come on, sing it with me...

"You know I'm a dreamer
But my heart's of gold
I had to run away high
So I wouldn't come home low
Just when things went right
It doesn't mean they were always wrong"

I wasn't kidding. I can play every single instrument for this song.

And it is horrible. I hate this song so much. There's no good reason for squealies in the guitar. They don't even fit with the rest of the guitar.

The entire thing is me in my home studio. Yes, it's every instrument. Yes, it's horrible.

I don't know if it hit your side of the pond, but this must be both the worse British song of the 1980s and probably the most memorable [or annoying, i'm not sure.]

I don't know if it hit your side of the pond, but this must be both the worse British song of the 1980s and probably the most memorable [or annoying, i'm not sure.]

I made it all the way through that song.

I'd never heard it before. Hopefully, I don't hear it again.

I'm a bit sluggish this morning.

lol Now back to music that doesnt suck!

Hey Hillbilly @Hillbilly H - don't get me started on Black Sabbath. Lol.

1974 I was 17 and finishing Year 12 (high school) in Brisbane. Had a ticket for the Black Sabbath concert scheduled for November 7 at Festival Hall.

It was a Thursday and hot leading up to Summer. In my school lunch I ate a sandwich of Luncheon Sausage, which it transpired was the worse for wear for not having been refrigerated. I got food poisoning and had to miss the concert.

They did not tour again.

Here's one of my faves

wizardfromoz

That SUCKS!
Did a school teacher mess with the sandwich?

That's pretty young and unfortunate. In my head, I often confused her for Björk, though I'm not really sure why.

Brian, Agadoo used to be used by Club Med as a welcoming song for arriving guests - I first heard it at Club Med Noumea in March 1981, while on my honeymoon. :)

a welcoming song for arriving guests - I first heard it at Club Med Noumea in March 1981, while on my honeymoon. :)
Poor you.. they used it worldwide.

Did a school teacher mess with the sandwich?

Thought never entered my mind, but I DO have mild Paranoia among my 8 mental health disorders - could be why I love "Paranoid"?

.. they used it worldwide.

Yes, I know. When I returned from a week in Noumea, I told my sister, who was fluent in French, that she should try out for a job with Club Med.

She did so, got one, and spent 13 years with them, working 6 months at a time in the 3 Tahitian Clubs (Papeete, Bora Bora and Moorea), The Maldives, Cancun Mexico, Bali, Kuala Lumpur and so on. She also set up the tour guide section of the first club in Australia at Hamilton Island Great Barrier Reef.

At all of them, they played the Agadoo to new arrivals.

Members online

Latest posts