Rock Roxx

The youngest is 70, the other is 83. Two of the finest. Possibly not Rock butttttttttttttttttttttt,,,,,,,

Loved them all, but in particular I have a soft spot for 9-year old Taj Farrant, as we featured him here 3 years ago.

I'll repeat it, as he plays with one of the Masters, Carlos Santana.

Now that was cRaZy!
I saw Santana at Redrocks in CO many years ago, and it was one of my most favorite concerts ever!
Thanks for the share ;)

I saw Santana at Redrocks in CO many years ago, and it was one of my most favorite concerts ever!

I saw Phish there back in '93, I think... I'm not actually a huge Phish fan, but it was a fun concert.

There are these stairs that run up through the amphitheater and some dude (obviously too high) spent the entire concert running up and down those stairs. I don't recall them taking any breaks, but I'm sure they must have.

Red Rocks Amphitheater is a unique and special venue for a concert, any kind of concert. The natural setting and overall ambiance are what make it special. If you visit the Denver, Colorado area and have a chance to see a concert there, I urge you to take the opportunity.

One of my favorite trivia questions to ask people is, "Who was the 2nd guy in WHAM!?"

andrew ridgeley ?

Quite common question in UK pub quizzes ... Andrew John Ridgeley

andrew ridgeley ?

Yup. Almost nobody remembers his name - even if they profess to be fans of Wham (or WHAM! when they decided to capitalize and add the exclamation point).

I am not actually a big fan or anything, but that's the kind of music that was contemporary when I was doing covers in the 80s. So, my head is stuffed with useless trivia and well-rehearsed commentary that goes between songs. Try as I might, drinking just doesn't help me forget that period of my life.

Never dose.

it doesn't stop me from trying!

I'm mostly kidding, but I played some horrible music in the 80s. We covered top-40 pop. Think Madonna instead of Metallica...

We did cover some hair metal, but that was mostly in a band that was made up of different members.

For part of the time, I made my entire living from my musicianship. This meant being in multiple bands and taking paid gigs whenever I could and whenever they'd fit into my schedule. School was a priority, but so wasn't eating. I was a pretty poor college student for much of the 80s.

LOL Most of it!

There was some great stuff - I just wasn't paid to perform it. There were cover bands that covered that stuff, but they tended to make far less money. So, while we played some great stuff when jamming, we ended up performing the aforementioned pop.

As for that song and video, there's an interesting story about that video. Someone made that as a part of their art school project. The video isn't really a Sabbath video, it's just some art school project. I think they did one heck of a great job on it.

did you do this one?

No. We had no violin players.

We could cover it with the band I recently performed with regularly. They have not one but two people who are competent strings players.

We could cover it today with the violin being done by the keys player as well, but back then the tech just wasn't there and trying to use a keyboard to properly cover a violin/fiddle just didn't sound right.

LOL The bad songs of the 80,s

There was Jefferson Airplane, Airplane, Jefferson Starship, and then Starship...

This is almost universally considered the worst song to come out of the 80s, and Jefferson Airplane was a great band... Their lineage gave us this:

I am almost sorry... Almost...

Members online