Rock Roxx

Burn, baby, burn :)

My goodness, I recognise that one :)

Hasn't he got a listenable voice?

Ta for sharing, my friend across the (Tasman) pond.

Wiz

I am the Highway --
US97 -- I've driven many times

Yes talking of Midge Ure here he is with Ultravox with probably their best song - Vienna.......
and Dancing with Tears In My Eyes.

Finally something completely different from 1985 Live Aid.....
Eric Clapton White Room (An old Cream Song)

Ah Live Aid so many great performances except ehem.... Led Zeplin.

May you RIP, Mr. Daniels
My favorite

:)@Nelson Muntz , welcome to linux.org mate:)

... and thanks for sharing the news on Charlie D - I am a huge fan of The Devil Went Down to Georgia, one of my fave C&W.

Enjoy the Thread and your Linux.

Wile E. Coyote - @sp331yi , where did they find that boy??? With Santana? Loved it.

In 1972, the year I turned 15, I joined The Australian Record Club, whose introductory offer was to get 5 LPs for AUD $5.95, and commit to purchasing 1 a month for the first year, at a similar price.

I knew Santana by Black Magic Woman, and I got the unnamed album Santana III, Jethro Tull's Aqualung, Black Sabbath's Master of Reality, America self-titled (featured Horse With No Name), and The Yes Album. Nice mix of American and British. :)

Here's the first and second tracks from the Santana album

Wiz

Last edited:
One of my faves by Madonna ... Vogue

Wiz

A little over a year ago, and 16 pages ago, I started this thread, and I thank you all for the amazing wonderful pieces of music you have contributed since :p

That first Post was of "Shine On You Crazy Diamond", by Pink Floyd.

The other day I found a somewhat different spin on it, performed by a pair of buskers in Jerusalem. I found it quite fascinating, and hope you enjoy it too.

Wiz

Hoping we see an end to COVID soon. Stay well.

"The human voice is the most important instrument at our disposal, yet it is one of the most difficult to understand or define. You either hear it or you don't. It either moves you, or it leaves you cold ... it is more than just a sound ... it is the soul itself." -- Neil Diamond 1974

Last edited:
"The human voice is the most important instrument at our disposal, yet it is one of the most difficult to understand or define. You either hear it or you don't. It either moves you, or it leaves you cold ... it is more than just a sound ... it is the soul itself." -- Neil Diamond 1974
Hot August Night! A great live album!

Hey Paul, and Brian ... do you remember how he asks how the Tree People are going? People had climbed trees to see the concert.

Wiz

:) . . .
I knew Santana by Black Magic Woman, and I got the unnamed album Santana III, Jethro Tull's Aqualung, Black Sabbath's Master of Reality, America self-titled (featured Horse With No Name), and The Yes Album. Nice mix of American and British. :)

Here's the first and second tracks from the Santana album
Wiz
@wizardfromoz -- I definitely had not heard "Batuka" nor that redition of "No One to Depend On." Thank you!
Taz Farrant I just happened upon, but what a prodigy! HAD to share it here.

Went to the same high school (in both ways) as America. A year ahead of me. Only acquaintances. Auditioned for them but they didn't want a sax player. Military brats, all of us!

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts