Rock Roxx

Linux + Rock simply the best combination! I listen to a lot of genres and heavy metal is one of my favs :) specially doom metal, so here's a track from my favourite band on that metal sub-genre; My dying bride from their 1993 album "turn loose the swans" called "the crown of symphaty" damn! such a good song!

And here's another band I really like too; Tiamat, this track is from their 1994 album "wildhoney" called "a pocket size sun" absolutely wonderful!

Linux + Rock simply the best combination!

Music to my ears.

Tolkem, have you ever made the acquaintance of Leonard Cohen? Tiamat have a sound that reminds me of his work,

Wiz

Music to my ears.

Tolkem, have you ever made the acquaintance of Leonard Cohen? Tiamat have a sound that reminds me of his work,

Wiz

Yes, I have and really like some of his songs like this one

While tiama do have some songs like that most of their songs a bit heavier

I like watching anime too :) and by doing so I learnt of some really good bands, like this one

Here's a double with Greek composer and keyboardist Vangelis.

Evángelos Odysséas Papathanassíou - aka Vangelis, was first brough to my attention with the 1981 film Chariots of Fire, he wrote and performed its theme song.

You may know it

With the second one, Vangelis teams up with one of my very favourite performers, Jon Anderson of British prog rock group Yes.

This one is dedicated to our very good friend Stan (@atanere ), and a festive season hope that he gets everything out of retirement that he so well deserves.

Jon & Vangelis for you, Stan :);) - "I'll Find My Way Home"

Wiz

Last edited:

An appropriate song for this day of the year.

U2 - 1983 War album - New Year's Day

Take it away Bono and Edge

Happy 2020, all

Wizard

Nice one, Paul.

A classic example of a number of songwriters who would have been better off writing the lyrics and the music, and not getting behind the microphone :)

Burt Bacharach was another.

Wiz

Was that a track from "dark Side of the Moon, or Wish you were here - can't remember"?

This composition was a tribute to former band member, Syd Barrett. Written and performed by Roger Waters, David Gilmour and Richard Wright. From the album "Wish You Were Here".

The word Diva is flogged to death nowadays, but IMO this lady, Annie Lennox is one of rock's great divas.

Wizard

Speaking of Divas - Carole King. I have either 9 or 11 of her albums, can't remember.

Following is Jazzman, from the Wrap Around Joy Album 1974.

Session musicians are often overlooked despite their having an important role.

Tom Scott, who played horns for Jazzman, also appears on Paul McCartney's Listen to What The Man Said.

See if you can tell.

Wiz

I've only watched the first one so far, but I really enjoyed the vid - good drummer too :)

Wiz

Change of pace - Last few days here very hot summer. Today, temperature plummeted.

I said to Elaine - someone's packed us up and moved us to Melbourne. Melbourne can have 4 seasons in one day.

Here's Crowded House with the song of the same name.

Wizard

feelin a bit sore an sorry waiting to go to hospital tomorrow and see if they'll admit me to get my shoulder reconstructed.

so here's a fun song from the bridge over troubled water album by simon and garfunkel 1970.

baby driver

wiz