Rock Roxx

I'm putting in this one
  1. Because I love Tears For Fears, but
  2. I think the video is extraordinary
Break The Man

Wiz

Darren Hayes and Daniel Jones were boys who grew up in Brisbane, on its south side, at Woodridge. Together, they formed Savage Garden. Elaine and I saw them in Brisbane on 23 September 2000 and it remains one of my top 10 favourite concerts.

Avagudweegend

This was a pretty one of theirs - Truly, Madly, Deeply.

It was one of Elaine's and my "our songs"

Take it away, Darren.

Who spotted Keith Richard/s in the audience at the 2nd Beck clip?

Wonderful stuff.

Speaking of guitar gods, I was 18 when I herd the following artist play, around 1975/1976.

Peter Frampton with "Do You Feel"

Is there any wonder he is know as 'The Voice'. John Farnham. Australian

RIP Queen Elizabeth II.

Here's 26 seconds of The Beatles from their Abbey Road album

Also, we have Brian May's (Queen guitarist) from the roof of Buckingham Palace in 2002, for the Golden Jubilee (50 years) of the Queen's reign

... and that, in turn, was based on the work of Queen from their A Night At The Opera album, as depicted here

Brian, I may have mentioned elsewhere, not satisfied with the sounds he could draw out of mainstream guitars, used to make his own guitars. Their album covers, which outlined vocals and instruments, used to conclude with "and no synthesisers". They got their sounds out of Brian's guitar work and their vocal gymnastics. Wonderful stuff.

Brian closer to the current day

l891kHR.jpg

Saw a few minutes of GoggleBox the other night (not my usual TV viewing) where they had just had an article on saving the British hedgehog, and one of the cast likened Brian to a hedgehog. Not sure that he would approve.

What do you think?

God rest you well, Queen Bess - you have certainly earned it, and may your son, King Charles III make a good fist of it.

Wizard

Last edited:
Always had a soft spot for John Mellencamp - so here's a little ditty by Jack and Diane, followed by Hurts So Good

and

Feeling like a bit of Dionne Warwick - here she is with a few famous friends, with "That's What Friends Are For"

Avagudweegend

^^^^ Love It. !!...Isn't that just the Absolute truth