[SOLVED] Mint 21 Upgrade Error Message

I should mention too that OnlyOffice stayed put and works as usual. I haven't tried printing yet, but I'm guessing that might work fine too. And all this through the further upgrade to 21.1 Vera.

At the risk of sidetracking my own thread...

Geez Louise, you're onboard for a few minutes and you're hijacking your own thread. ;)

Twice (touchpad and printer)

Just kidding with you. G'day @GLSonn and welcome to linux.org :)

If you need help on the printer and the touchpad, start a thread for each at Linux Hardware.

And if or when you think the Upgrade issue is solved, just revisit your 1st Post and from upper right-hand side choose edit and it will include an option to edit your thread so that you can place a

[SOLVED]

at the beginning or end.

Then of course you can high-tail it over to Member Introductions and tell us more on yourself and how you found your way to Linux, and you'll meet a few more of The Gang.

As for the ones you've met, David G. @KGIII is from Maine and I am from DownUnder and we're both 1957ers, and Brian @Brickwizard is from the UK and a 1951er.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Back to the printer
first you need to download and install lsb-releace
https://pkgs.org/download/lsb-release [make sure you choose the right one for your distribution]
then go to the Epsom support site for your country and download the driver pack for your printer
INSTALL the LSB package first, then install the print drivers

Last edited:
Geez Louise, you're onboard for a few minutes and you're hijacking your own thread. ;)

Twice (touchpad and printer)

Just kidding with you. G'day @GLSonn and welcome to linux.org :)

If you need help on the printer and the touchpad, start a thread for each at Linux Hardware.

And if or when you think the Upgrade issue is solved, just revisit your 1st Post and from upper right-hand side choose edit and it will include an option to edit your thread so that you can place a

[SOLVED]

at the beginning or end.

Then of course you can high-tail it over to Member Introductions and tell us more on yourself and how you found your way to Linux, and you'll meet a few more of The Gang.

As for the ones you've met, David G. @KGIII is from Maine and I am from DownUnder and we're both 1957ers, and Brian @Brickwizard is from the UK and a 1951er.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz
Yeah, I knew I was doing that but was just too lazy to do otherwise. I would do it differently next time. (1959er here...kids these days.)

Back to the printer
first you need to download and install lsb-releace
https://pkgs.org/download/lsb-release [make sure you choose the right one for your distribution]
then go to the Epsom support site for your country and download the driver pack for your printer
INSTALL the LSB package first, then install the print drivers
Thanks for the info, but it won't be needed. My printer settings, etc. stayed intact too. Printing works just fine without my doing anything new.

Members online

Latest posts