Rock Roxx

Spending too much time in this Forum?

Maybe this Eric Burdon and The Animals number is for you

When I think of Alice Cooper, I am reminded of his theatrical, high production concerts. That makes me think of Meat Loaf, who put on an amazing show. I've seen both, but I've seen Meat Loaf a number of times, pretty much every tour I could catch him on. I'd usually spring for VIP tickets, as I do with many acts.

Anyhow, here's some Meat Loaf:

We had a talent show last night and some of the kids did a vary good parody of judas priest. *This is one of them times i wish we did not have a no cameras policy*

A bit of Jon Anderson (Yes) - "Owner Of A Lonely Heart"

A hauntingly beautiful piece - I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing, Brian.:oops:

It's always a good time for Paradise By The Dashboard Light

and next time I post I'll tell you a story about this one and throw in a bit of Trivia.

Safe travels

Wiz

Well, sorry to spoil the party, but yours truly is a reggae/jazz/blues nut. Rock'n'roll has NEVER really done it for me, though I will confess to being a Floyd fan back in the day. Starting off with "Dark Side of the Moon", of course (what else?)

Here's a selection of stuff I like...

.....and summat for the rockers!

(Oh, an' I gotta confess to having a soft spot for Dury & the Blockheads...)

That's enough to be going on with. For NOW.....

Mike. :p

... and then there are listeners who can't be pigeonholed so easily, like me.

I enjoy music very much. I listen to rock, jazz, classical, country, folk, and all those subcategories and crossovers and stuff-that-can't-be-categorized. I grew up in a house that was always filled with music and my life is not much different. I prefer to work with background music where available.

(I admit, I struggle to appreciate what I might call "rhythmic poetry" (my term) without that melodic component, such as rap and hip-hop. I try to appreciate it more. Some songs are a blend of melodic and non-melodic sections and I seem to like them better.)

...and next time I post I'll tell you a story about this one and throw in a bit of Trivia.

Trivia question - What do the following people have in common?

Liv Tyler, Ellen Foley, Todd Rundgren

Ellen Foley

Liv Tyler was in the film Armageddon, with this beautiful song by Aerosmith

Members online