Rock Roxx

Drops down to the don't know rubbity dub for a pint of oh my dear (or a few)....just to drown his sorrows .... (Don’t know how we got here; don’t know how we get home!).

Renée Geyer had a peerless voice and dogged tenacity — combined, they made her a force of nature​

The 1970s gave us some of Australia's most celebrated and enduring acts, like AC/DC, Cold Chisel, and The Saints to name a few.

But few artists broke ground in quite the same way as the great Renée Geyer.

Geyer, one of Australian music's most celebrated singers, died this week from complications following hip surgery. She was 69.

So, this is not going to be everyone's cup of tea......possibly far from it.....

On Renee Geyer, I did not realise she was so young.

I saw her at Brisbane's Her Majesty's Theatre in 1977, wonderful concert, and it featured this song.

She must have been only about 23 at the time.

RIP

RIP Crosby

There's some great stuff on the Playing For Change channel. I was asked to participate at one point, but never did.

RIP David Crosby. :(

On #990 - trust you @Bartman , I was gonna put that one in.

Why?

Because I have not had a haircut in 26 years, and it is one of my faves of his.

Lol (knew I should have logged back in last night when I saw the news on TV, but was too comfortable in front of the telly)

:)

On #990 - trust you @Bartman , I was gonna put that one in.

Why?

Because I have not had a haircut in 26 years, and it is one of my faves of his.

Lol (knew I should have logged back in last night when I saw the news on TV, but was too comfortable in front of the telly)

:)
I worked for the state dept for 30 some years and never got a hair cut always wore a ponytail and had a major beard.

I worked in the electronics repair shop so I never actually had to deal with the public.

I didn't do any of the work functions or socialize with fellow employees I did my time and left.

I ain't never been one to go with the flow.

The day after I retired from the state dept I went down to my local barber shop and got all of my hair cut off and shaved.

This totally freaked everyone out but the Wife because she went to the barber shop with me.

So yeah the Almost Cut My Hair was my fight song and my hair and beard was my rebellion against the establishment cats and the system.

I keep short hair above my ears and a groomed beard nowadays as you know having hair down to your waist is a PITA.

'On with the Motley' ....(on with the costume)....the show must go on...despite his wife's infidelity.

Timeless. Despite being written around 1890

This dude's was an opera singer that did more than just opera. I think he's alive but retired? I should probably look this up.

Anyhow, there are a zillion versions of this song and it has been riffed on so many times... You could probably find 100 versions of this on YouTube - but (in my opinion) this one is the absolute best:

Wait for it... Give it a minute...

I should record it to share it, but I do a cover that's using his vocal style - while providing more musicality with a classical guitar.