Post a screenshot of your Desktop

If it's still as good looking as your avatar ;)

If it's still as good looking as your avatar ;)
Yep, the most beautiful woman on the planet is always on my avatar, on my desktop and even on my grub. :D I have 15 GB of pictures and videos of her, so she's not going anywhere anytime soon. :p

Picture_created_18-01-2024_02-30-08.png

@wizardfromoz , here' my GRUB as well. :)

IMG-20240118-030033-1.jpg

Last edited:
Well, compared to that mine's kind of a dog.

screenshot_0118051933.png

This looks like KDE Plasma 1.0. What desktop is it?
It tickles me to think that it looks like one of the "big name" desktop environments but it's really just Joe's Window Manager (jwm). I added a few items to the tray bar at the top of the screen by hand-tweaking ~/.jwmrc-tray:

- The left-most item on the tray, "|* Dolly |" () is a menu button that I originally though to use like the MS Windows "Start" button but, in reality, I pretty much never actually use it so it only has a few of items in it, all of which are available in the right-click menu (which I also pretty much never use).

- The icons to the left of the pager are some items that I use all the time - the two tiny werewolves are for a regular and an as-root" instance of my programmers' text editor (**) which is a commercial product (I actually paid big bucks for it) that I haven't got around to packaging as a Tiny Core "extension" - otherwise they would appear on the...

... almost invisible icon bar along the left hand edge of the screen is wbar, which has been a staple with Tiny Core Linux since the version 1.0 days in 2009. I've set the icons to be almost invisible until I mouse over them - I placed the mouse cursor on the vlc icon on purpose so it would show up in the screen shot.

* ) "Dolly" is the hostname, named after the "best dog ever" pictured in the wallpaper. So far, that's hard coded into .jwmrc, though I'm low-priority fooling around with a script snippet to set that at boot time inside of /opt/bootsync.sh.

**) Lugaru's Epsilon Programmer's Editor - been using it since 1985, though it may have been somewhat later when I first bought a copy. :eek:

It tickles me to think that it looks like one of the "big name" desktop environments

This is what KDE 1.0 used to look like. This... wooden Win95-lookalike style has a lot in common with the style of your desktop, that's why I said it looked like great-great-great-great-granpa KDE 1.

KDE_1.0.jpg

Oops - I thought "Plasma" was the latest and greatest. :oops:

My only real exposure to KDE Plasma has been on some of the distros I've tried out on the Pinephone - none of which I've used at any length (not because of the DE but because I've yet to find anything that makes the Pinephone really usable).

Oops - I thought "Plasma" was the latest and greatest. :oops:
"Greatest" is argueable. Plasma 6 is the latest but the KDE desktop exists since 1996. It probably wasn't called Plasma at the time. Back then all desktops looked the same way, no matter linux or windows. :D

Got myself a new conky
View attachment 17961
Hi tinfoil-hat, Would you please share your conky config file? I've been fooling with conky for a while but have never tried to pretty it up with graphical gauges - usually just opting for more of a text mode display... but yours sure does look a lot nicer!

Hi tinfoil-hat, Would you please share your conky config file? I've been fooling with conky for a while but have never tried to pretty it up with graphical gauges - usually just opting for more of a text mode display... but yours sure does look a lot nicer!
sure

I was searching explezit for "lua conky" - That are the more advanced Conky Themes

I was searching explezit for "lua conky" - That are the more advanced Conky Themes
Thanks. I'll follow tat trail and see what I come up with.

Members online