Post a screenshot of your Desktop

update and further customization:
Screenshot from 2023-08-25 14-10-33.png

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-08-25 14-10-33.png
    Screenshot from 2023-08-25 14-10-33.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 323

Enough rebellious and satisfying

It's great to see. Though I will likely not partake, I'm excited to see the architecture working with Linux. That's a great step and great progress. Kudos to the development team.

The following is my thoughts on the matter and I'll leave it simply at that.

I really want to buy into this architecture but Apple has been really repair-unfriendly lately.

Granted, they make good stuff and have a warranty, but that warranty ends far sooner than the useful lifespan ends and I don't actually live anywhere near an Apple store. Hardware breaks. It happens. You can't even swap components (many of them, an example being a simple hinge switch) effectively.

So, I just can't do it. I'm not the least bit worried about the price of admission. That's fine.

I guess I could 'solve the issue' by buying an iMac, which is easier to work on and repair, but then I'm still paying the beast.

I've given up many things, including ceding my privacy in exchange for services, but the right to repair is a bridge too far for me. I just can't get over that hurdle. To be frank, I might not even bother fixing a laptop that broke after a 'reasonable' amount of time. Still, I can't jump that hurdle.

If you're interested, you could run some benchmarks and let us know the results (in a separate thread)...

I doubt I'm the only one who is curious. Again, it should be a separate thread 'cause this thread is for screenshots.

Trip1.1.png

Debian 12.1 Bookworm (Xfce4)
  • Linux-6.1.0.x
  • Fujitsu LifeBook E736
  • CPU: Intel i5-6300u SkyLake 6th Gen (undervolted)
  • RAM: 8GB DDR4 (Samsung)
  • SSD1: Crucial MX500 250GB (Debian OS)
  • SSD2: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (TrueCrypt (v3.3) encrypts)
  • WiFi: Intel AC8260 - WPA3-SAE/ EAP-TLS-Suite-B-192

Attachments

• trip2.1.png
    trip2.1.png
    801.9 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
I have been running Ubuntu almost 2 months, can't really figure why people hate it so much. 1 thing could be because forcing snaps, still with newer PC snap apps isn't that slow. I even have started coding with Flutter/Dart and both IDE through snaps no problems, BTW upgraded to 23.10 this week from 23.04 :D
Screenshot from 2023-10-26 20-51-31.png

Manjaro
Screenshot_20231027_111943.png

Greetings all, from the Old Geezer.
Been a while since I posted but have been looking in most every day to see what's going on.
Just bought my wife an ASUS laptop from Walmart for $179. It's pretty simple and takes care of what she needs it for.
Here's a picture of her home screen. I tweaked it to fit her needs.
As you can see, the icons are quite big {she is 88 years old} and easy for her to see.

Screenshot at 2023-11-04 13-59-51.png

Firefox to get to her email.
Mahjong to play her game.
Pictures - self explanatory.
@wizardfromoz I took this screenie before I installed the updates. They are done I assure you. LOL.
That's about all for now . . . . . .
from the OG Tango Charlie

They are done I assure you. LOL.

Just as well, Charlie, just as well ;)

That's great, and great to hear from you, too.

I hope your Missus tells her old man he's a good bloke.

Cheers

Chris

Onya, Charlie.

Keep on keeping on, mate !

I have been running Ubuntu almost 2 months, can't really figure why people hate it so much. 1 thing could be because forcing snaps, still with newer PC snap apps isn't that slow. I even have started coding with Flutter/Dart and both IDE through snaps no problems, BTW upgraded to 23.10 this week from 23.04 :DView attachment 17120
So, I see that you put Stan on your desk top! ( AKA @atanare) Nyuk, Nyuk!

Members online

Latest posts