Post a screenshot of your Desktop

Now that it is November, the golf season is over.
Gotta figure out what I want to accomplish this winter.
One thing is to practice my typing. Already practicing on keeping my driving skills honed by driving every day.
OG
Well, I don't know about that. I have seen tourists on Bermuda golf courses, in January, leaning at a 30 degree angle into the wind, trying to get that little white ball to go where they want it. I chuckle every time I think about it! They spent the money to play golf, and by God they are going to PLAY GOLF! :p:D;) I can't say how many strokes it took, but I''m betting it was just a weeee bit OVER par! Nyuk, Nyuk!:p

Last edited:
Well, I don't know about that. I have seen tourists on Bermuda golf courses, in January, leaning at a 30 degree angle into the wind, trying to get that little white ball to go where they want it. I chuckle every time I think about it! They spent the money to play golf, and by God they are going to PLAY GOLF! :p:D;) I can't say how many strokes it took, but I''m betting it was just a weeee bit OVER par! Nyuk, Nyuk!:p
We have a few of those nuts around Michigan also. {I once was one. Played through the whole winter at least every two weeks that year - probably 50 years ago.} Gettin too old to be so foolish. LOL.
OG

Fresh installation of LMDE6 running great!

LMDE6.png

Let's hope Alex "leaves" it alone ;) ... I couldn't help it, I swear.

Where in hell is that groan icon when we need it

I don't know if you can put a background in Putty,
that's the only interface I use with Linux machines :)

It's quite black, my background

I don't know if you can put a background in Putty,
that's the only interface I use with Linux machines :)

It's quite black, my background
Screenshot?

For legal purposes, I can't do that

Imagine a plain, regular Windows RDC server, with 10 Putty screens on it
Not much background :)

Fresh Fedora 39
Capture d’écran du 2023-11-11 08-15-35.png

For legal purposes, I can't do that

Imagine a plain, regular Windows RDC server, with 10 Putty screens on it
Not much background :)
Never used Putty so I used a search engine to find pic's of Putty.
I got what you mean now, thanks.

I found this picture from 1953. It is a Polaroid pic.

Thanks for sharing such an awesome glimpse at the past.

To put that into perspective, I was hatched four years after that picture was taken.

As for the car, it wouldn't be all that valuable today. People tend to think their old Model A or Model T are worth a bunch of money, but they're not all that collectible. Ford made millions of them. In near-perfect condition, they're worth $25k to $30k.

My wallpaper is the same as it always is. It's the same on almost every computer I own.

Horizontal Desktop Icons look better than expected, also a big fan of the TV-Show "Chuck" :)
Bildschirmfoto vom 2023-11-18 14-12-29.png

Last edited:
Uffington White Horse,-late Bronze Age circa 1000-700 BC
1700333825438.png

I'm stoked.

I was rooting through some of my backups, trying to find an image of some guitars. I stumbled across an image I thought I'd lost!

I now have my background set back to the image I much prefer.

49116.jpg

I'd take a screenshot, but my taskbar's a mess.

Really, I mostly care that the desktop background is something reasonably dark. I see the desktop once every month or so, when I reboot. Otherwise, I have full-screen applications open and don't see the background at all.

I'm stoked.

I was rooting through some of my backups, trying to find an image of some guitars. I stumbled across an image I thought I'd lost!

I now have my background set back to the image I much prefer.

View attachment 17358

I'd take a screenshot, but my taskbar's a mess.

Really, I mostly care that the desktop background is something reasonably dark. I see the desktop once every month or so, when I reboot. Otherwise, I have full-screen applications open and don't see the background at all.
Nice!!!

Members online