Post a screenshot of your Desktop

PoP!_os with a nice, clean, customized, proper cosmic looking desktop!

Screenshot from 2023-06-10 12-42-25.png

I'm going to leave this site. There was no need for @wizardfromoz did recently, this just sucks and every single day I've been here I have to be confronted somehow on this site. I'm yet another person who has to get out more. Instead of posting stupid screenshots of an operating system desktop, this is the second time in a bit over six months. I'm done. wendy-lebaron over and out. Sorry guys, have fun without me from now on.
I have no clue about whatever happened, but would be sorry to see you leave. You offer a different and helpful (to me) perspective here coupled with real-world Linux experience. You provide us with alternate viewpoints. Your disappearance would dilute us into more of a "monoculture". Best wishes and think about reconsidering your decision.

Ah. You were in the Air Force? Thank you for your service and bravery. :) I have Autism, so I can't enlist, but I want to contribute somehow, maybe with Programming..... -I think the Air Force invented TAILS Linux.- Wait, that was TOR, and the Navy did that. My bad... :) What is your favorite Fighter Aircraft(s)? I like the Su-25 and the F-4 Phantom II. :D

I have no clue about whatever happened, but would be sorry to see you leave. You offer a different and helpful (to me) perspective here coupled with real-world Linux experience. You provide us with alternate viewpoints. Your disappearance would dilute us into more of a "monoculture". Best wishes and think about reconsidering your decision.
Wait. What happened? I've been away from Linux.org, and society in general, holed up in my room. Is everything with @wizardfromoz and @wendy-lebaron okay?

Okay I will try. If you click on the screens shot fr... you get the full size.
Always,
Wildman

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-06-10 16-15-02.png
    Screenshot from 2023-06-10 16-15-02.png
    943.8 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Wait. What happened? I've been away from Linux.org, and society in general, holed up in my room. Is everything with @wizardfromoz and @wendy-lebaron okay?
The post with the resignation appears to have been deleted, but @wendy-lebaron has not posted since that day. Since they announced that they were leaving before they stopped posting, I assume that they are "okay" wherever they are. Obviously something happened on Linux.org which was "not okay" to them.

Yesterday I switched from Fedora to a community distribution EndeavourOS to be using a real community distribution again and I think everybody knows why.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-06-29 07-16-28.png
    Screenshot from 2023-06-29 07-16-28.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 333
  • Screenshot from 2023-06-29 07-16-55.png
    Screenshot from 2023-06-29 07-16-55.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 359
Last edited:
I like boring....

2023-06-30_18-45.png

Yes...that is two screens @ 24" each

My Desktop running Lubuntu, I like the old style hummingbird.

Attachments

• Desktop.png
    Desktop.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 215
@The Duck :-

Thought I recognised EasyOS.

You CAN change your desktop fonts colour if you want to make them more legible, y'know. I'm aware that Barry's made a lot of modifications to this compared to Puppy itself, but from what I recall of my own brief experience with Easy, ROX-filer's options are pretty much the same as usual.

Rt-clk on any icon->ROX-filer->Options. Then just select 'Pinboard' from the left-hand column, and modify your fonts accordingly....

That's if you want to, of course!

Mike. ;)

After seeing all the clean desktops in this thread, I'm sure this one might look a bit cluttered to some.
But this is MY home!
Linux Mint Cinnamon 21.1 Liquorix 6.4.2-1
;)
Screenshot from 2023-07-09 20-00-59.png

Last edited:
I was running EndeavourOS and quite enjoying it but after having installed EndeavourOS I got an itch to install Arch again. So I will be staying there :)
Screenshot from 2023-07-12 19-18-18.png

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-07-12 19-18-48.png
    Screenshot from 2023-07-12 19-18-48.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 391
Yesterday I switched from Fedora to a community distribution EndeavourOS to be using a real community distribution again and I think everybody knows why.
I don't know why, what's the problem with Fedora? enlighten me

I don't know why, what's the problem with Fedora? enlighten me
After the recent events around Red Hat, I decided it was time to move to real community distribution as in Fedora is basically owned by Red Hat even though they don't have control over the decision making they still have influence on Fedora. That was why I moved to EndeavourOS, today I thought I might as well go back to Arch.

Staff online

Latest posts