Post a screenshot of your Desktop

Screenshot from 2021-11-29 00-39-36.png

I've switched back to Gnome mainly because it runs smoother than KDE Plasma with less crashes for me, still on EOS.

Hey Prof, just a heads up.

Elementary OS, Endless OS and EndeavourOS all refer to themselves as EOS. But I can see yours is Endeavour.

Der Doktor @joekamprad says of them

All the same from "E" OS group ;) we do endeavour, Elementary keeps it elementary, Endless plan to stay forever. And all the cover names can be mixed up also, as EndeavourOS has endless elementary possibilities to offer :)

Cheers

Wiz

I fixed my moms old computer from hp windows to mint cinnamon usb live drive I had laying around.
This computer only has 65gb but it the most modern hardware I have and for free.
Win Win

I've been tweaking the gnome environment a little more these days :)

View attachment 11194
btw, what's that command you used to get that OS Kernal readout there?

I just saw lots of terminals and assumed you were a "power user" lol! InstantOS I think is meant to be super fast, lighter than xfce/lxde etc, keyboard command oriented, true power user geared OS with some funky colours to boot.

btw, what's that command you used to get that OS Kernal readout there?

I just saw lots of terminals and assumed you were a "power user" lol! InstantOS I think is meant to be super fast, lighter than xfce/lxde etc, keyboard command oriented, true power user geared OS with some funky colours to boot.
Its a program called neofetch that you can install through your distributions package manager. Then when its installed, you just type neofetch into your terminal and it will generate that info for you.

InstantOS has an interesting window manager and a cool installation process, walks you through choosing various options. I like it, as it saves you some time being already pre-configured. But for some reason, I cant get used to Window Managers yet, maybe in a few more months it will be more appealing. I think if you want something nice looking out of the box with a window manager, this does seem like an interesting option.

Its a program called neofetch that you can install through your distributions package manager. Then when its installed, you just type neofetch into your terminal and it will generate that info for you.

InstantOS has an interesting window manager and a cool installation process, walks you through choosing various options. I like it, as it saves you some time being already pre-configured. But for some reason, I cant get used to Window Managers yet, maybe in a few more months it will be more appealing. I think if you want something nice looking out of the box with a window manager, this does seem like an interesting option.
I use a PopOS/Gnome and a Gnome extension for window managing - GTile.
I've worked out these ONE handed shortcuts, and now I can't live without it. I even had to find the equivalent for Mac (Magnet).

Super+Alt (with thumb) + Key to make the window snap with 1 other finger.
Q,A (top and bottom of screen), Z,X (left and right of screen)
W,E,S,D (4 corners of screen)
1,2,3 (3 columns, 3 thirds of the screen)
4,R (2/3rd Left and Right)
F (Fill screen)
V (Full screen on/off)

(I applied the same shortcuts for my Mac. Had to pay for the app but quickest purchase ever.)

PopOS's shell auto-tiling is neat, but it doesn't give me the control I want. Or maybe I haven't gotten used to it. They do have shortcuts for juggling the windows around (like swapping windows etc). But I just prefer my way.

(Sorry, I know there's not meant to be discussions here, just screenshots of Desktops! Carry on!)

I use a PopOS/Gnome and a Gnome extension for window managing - GTile.
I've worked out these ONE handed shortcuts, and now I can't live without it. I even had to find the equivalent for Mac (Magnet).

Super+Alt (with thumb) + Key to make the window snap with 1 other finger.
Q,A (top and bottom of screen), Z,X (left and right of screen)
W,E,S,D (4 corners of screen)
1,2,3 (3 columns, 3 thirds of the screen)
4,R (2/3rd Left and Right)
F (Fill screen)
V (Full screen on/off)

(I applied the same shortcuts for my Mac. Had to pay for the app but quickest purchase ever.)

PopOS's shell auto-tiling is neat, but it doesn't give me the control I want. Or maybe I haven't gotten used to it. They do have shortcuts for juggling the windows around (like swapping windows etc). But I just prefer my way.

(Sorry, I know there's not meant to be discussions here, just screenshots of Desktops! Carry on!)
sudo apt install neofetch
sudo apt install screenfetch

Then you just type in the last part.
neofetch
screenfetch

also sudo apt install htop if that doesn't work try Htop I can't remember if the H is capital or not.

Staff online