Unable to install Linux

Attachments

• DSC00033.JPG
    DSC00033.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 123

yup....just saw it.....put a tick in the ahci/nvme

Then f10 to savechanges and exit

minimal is ok

the furthest im able to go now is up to multiple error codes.

Attachments

• DSC00036.JPG
    DSC00036.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 205
ok.

If you have not already changed usb stick, I think you had better try that now

ok

I will ask for assistance from two other members.

I am not sure if they are online or not. They will be made aware of this topic.

@osprey

@Brickwizard

I don't know why you're having so much trouble...have you tried installing Mint Cinnamon 21.2 or 21.1 ?

Once you select...Erase Disk and Install Linux Mint...you go to the next step...Select your Timezone and go from there.
m1213.gif

reverting back to RAID. the other one doesent boot into windows. Got thrown into Auto Repair.

if you really want to live dangerously, you could open gparted after you have booted to the usb stick.....and format the drive....to ext4.....which will completely wipe the drive....Completely.

This is a drastic move....so think well about whether you want the windows install on there or now.

If you choose to do that....you would the boot to the usb stick, and when it loads, click on 'Install Linuz Mint' on the desktop there

You may wish to hear other opinions before doing that....either that or sleep on it

not going that route. i just want to wipe windows and install linux. the reason i had to load windows was to get cinammon 21.2 in order to test if thats the case.

this is off-topic on what im about to send but as i was going to fetch the iso for 21.2.....
.....Idk what UN Has to do with Linux

Attachments

• DSC00044.JPG
    DSC00044.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 148
not going that route. i just want to wipe windows and install linux. the reason i had to load windows was to get cinammon 21.2 in order to test if thats the case.
im going to prep that iso tommorow. im going to bed in a few.

I will ask for assistance from two other members.
Good morning,
is this is a fairly new machine ? Thinks....
The machine may have an M2 slot but is it NVME compatible [not all laptops are] if fairly recent this should not be a problem.
Check the onboard settings, Windows quick start [fast boot] OFF, windows secure boot OFF
my desktop has NVME ON Raid OFF
check for integrity of Drive and partitions, if installing Linux clean [deleting everything on the drive] make sure there are no hidden partitions, particularly at the start of the drive as this will stop Linux installing

Last edited:
looking in the Bios and ran into SATA/NVMe operation. it is set to RAID. it mentions something about "LInux kernal VMD driver" must be loaded"
Unless you have RAID, (that is a redundancy set up with, usually, multiple hard drives), the machine should be set to AHCI.

If there's a BIOS/UEFI setting for "Windows" or "Other" or maybe "Legacy" or even "Unix", choose the item that is not "Windows". If "Unix" is there, choose that.

Then start a new install and see how that goes.

Members online