Sound not working after updating to 23.04

Should I try that version or another one (an LTS, maybe)?
Just the last version where you had working internal speakers.

I haven't yet tried to boot another version of Ubuntu, but I do have a dual boot with Windows 11, the sound there doesn't work as well...

If it's a laptop, check for hard block [flight mode is not activated]

By hard block do you mean a switch or a key that blocks sound? If so then there is a key that does that, but it is disabled. I think that I will try to boot up a version of Ubuntu to see if sound works there

Guys, I'm sorry that it has been some time since I last posted, I'm now trying to install a new version of ubuntu, but it tells me that the disk is write protected, I tried some remedies on the Internet but it doesn't work, what should I do?

ubuntu, but it tells me that the disk is write protected,
To turn off disk device`s write protect, we use the low level system utility hdparm like this:

Code:
sudo apt-get install hdparm    
sudo hdparm -r0 /dev/sdb

where we assume that /dev/sdb is the Physical disk device we're working on. If the device has partitions that are mounted as read-only, you should re-mount 'em as read-write in order to write data to them.

Hey, thank you for your advice, it tells me this, what should I do with it? The USB Stick is a SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0, if that helps.

1689716673874.png

have you tried installing ubuntu again? if so, does it still say the disk is write protected?

Ubuntu 23.04. The latest version of the Ubuntu operating system for desktop PCs and laptops, Ubuntu 23.04 comes with nine months of security and maintenance updates, until January 2024.

Seriously.......why would you waste this much time on it......only for it to run out of security and maintenance updates in 6 months ??....

You have been trying since June 30...almost 3 weeks

Install a decent distro with LTS

have you tried installing ubuntu again? if so, does it still say the disk is write protected?
It's what I'm trying to do, but it tells me that the USB Stick I am trying to boot from is write protected and won't let me go foward.

Ubuntu 23.04. The latest version of the Ubuntu operating system for desktop PCs and laptops, Ubuntu 23.04 comes with nine months of security and maintenance updates, until January 2024.

Seriously.......why would you waste this much time on it......only for it to run out of security and maintenance updates in 6 months ??....

You have been trying since June 30...almost 3 weeks

Install a decent distro with LTS
I agree with you, but the problem is that the sound doesn't even work on Windows 11 I have in dual boot. Would you say that using an LTS would fix the problem altogether? If I don't want to downgrade, can I just wait till the next LTS?

Have you tried re-formatting the USB pen-drive to X-Fats then installing the latest LTS version of Ubuntu [or you could try a different distribution, MX, Parrot Home, Debian with additional driver pack, Mint LMDE, etc]

If I don't want to downgrade, can I just wait till the next LTS?
That is entirely up to you. Nobody can make that decision for you. The next LTS may be a number of years away.

that the sound doesn't even work on Windows 11

Is one of the keys on your device an Fn key that mutes the sound?

Also, as for the next LTS, that'll be 24.04 (for Ubuntu).

Is one of the keys on your device an Fn key that mutes the sound?

Also, as for the next LTS, that'll be 24.04 (for Ubuntu).

Yes, there is a key that does that, but sound is activated (technically). Right now I have speakers connected to the laptop and all the sound functions work as they should, the problem comes with the built-in speakers. I have a dual boot with Windows and neither on there does the sound work. I think I might have to wait till the next release, although idk, I am pretty inexperienced.

Members online

Latest posts