Rock Roxx

wade through the chatter at the start....Listen, to the Voice.

When I was a young boy, I used to watch the Cilla Show every week.

I fell in love with this, sadly short, song that featured.

Background.
Several years ago, a budget airline started up in the UK and Ireland, it soon got a poor reputation because of its trading methods, [but it managed to overcome this by remaining cheap] and now is probably the biggest budget airline in Europe.

Following is a piece written and performed by Sting, it comes from a romantic film from around 2000, "Kate and Leopold", featuring Meg Ryan and Hugh Jackman.

"Until"

Joan Armatrading - watched a show last night featuring this

I am always torn when I hear other people ask the loaded question .......... ? do you like music ? ? ?

It never goes as expected, they begin to tell how the Eagles were the greatest band and musicians to ever live. One of the most memorable times such as these was when a young man (young enough to be my grandson) at work asked the "do you like music" question. I said well not everybody has the same idea when it comes to what is called music, but I suppose you could say I enjoy some of it.
The door flys open with enthusiasm as he spends the next hour and a half telling me all about Eminem ( Marshall Bruce Mathers III ) and how he turned the music industry on it's ear because he is a lyrical genius. After about 5 minutes of dead silence he asked did you get what I was saying POPS ...... as poetically and as politically correct as I could muster. I said oh you mean the guy that sings about beating his Mother, girls or as he flows the hoes, and killing cops - - that guy ! Yeah I suppose as long as you don't put him up against any real talent of song writers and only compare him to a dog turd he is I would guess. My son works Law Enforcement so that guy can go ........ %$#^&!# himself and rot in %^$@&^! ........ as long as he compares to other 25 going on 12 trained monkeys he is good.

Oddly very silent the rest of the night shift ....... my work is done here ! ! !

now back to the music that changed so many things not just peoples minds
The songs had good times and did not need to kill or beat people.
Grand Funk Railroad was one of those that did it well, an updated version of there 1975 hit first done by the original song writer John Ellison of Soul Brothers Six in 1967.

Ya know, every time I read this post, I can't help but get a S--t eating grin on my face. Nicely done, mate!:D

Ya know, every time I read this post, I can't help but get a S--t eating grin on my face. Nicely done, mate!
I'll second that !!

Hey Hillbilly - in amongst my collection of old vinyl (300 or so LPs) I have about 50 Singles.

One of them has this on it.

A great year !!....1969.

Members online

No members online now.