Post a screenshot of your Desktop

Which call did you look up? Try the stateside call, and check out my QSL card in the upper right corner. You don't see many like that one any more!:cool:
Looked up the VP9 fisrt. Just looked up your WA1 call nice.
Yep Nice built and owned my share of Heathkit equipment over the years. HW101 /SB 300/301/303 HW7,8,9 scope keyers etc.

Last edited:

This is Debian 11 Gnome with the sweet icons installed.
Desktop.png

To keep it kinda on topic, here's the desktop background I use on this system:

Yes, folks, can we keep Jas's Thread more or less On Topic, please?

Ham Radio enthusiasts, pilots and so on can get a room over at Off Topic subforum, that's what it's for.

Cheers

Wiz

Yes, folks, can we keep Jas's Thread more or less On Topic, please?

Ham Radio enthusiasts, pilots and so on can get a room over at Off Topic subforum, that's what it's for.

Cheers

Wiz
Ok Wiz, My fault will take the 30 lashes :( will do.

My new Parrot 5 laptop installation, nothing special, standard wallpaper

Attachments

• Screenshot at 2022-05-20 10-06-46.png
    Screenshot at 2022-05-20 10-06-46.png
    635.6 KB · Views: 256
The only changes worth sharing were in the right side of the screen. I made conky less wide in order to have more of the background image visible and removed nm-applet and sound applet. I've never had to use the nm-applet anyway. As for the sound applet, I was unable to find its symbolic icon in order to change it with a better one, so I removed that one too and set the audioplayer to display it's icon in tray, so that I know it's running. If I need to access sound settings, I do it through the Menu.

On Cinnamon removing the gnome nm-applet brings forth the cinnamon's applet which can't be removed or uninstalled but I found a way to get rid of it:

Autostart with a delay of 3 seconds:
sh -e /media/1000GB/PROGRAMS/LINUX/SYSTEM/AUTOSTART/KILL-NM-APPLET/kill-nm-applet.sh
where
kill-nm-applet.sh is executable and contains

Code:
#!bin/bash

killall nm-applet

so no more annoying nm-applet.

St9arAF.png

Screenshot from 2022-06-01 22-37-43.png

Gone for a desert icon scheme and a glass surface. Sort of like what ancient egypt would look like about 1000 years into the future, compliments my speakers nicely:
0000271_genius-gaming-speaker-gx-sw-g21-3000-70w-ex3024.jpeg

Unfortunately my dated old rig with green-lit fans doesn't go well together, it is, however, due for a replacement and right now I am in the phase of trying to figure out how to successfully cool a high end system in the azza pyramid, which will theme everything just perfectly!

Gone for a desert icon scheme and a glass surface.
Issat a Gnome 3 standard or other icon set? If it's a custom one, dya got a link to that icon set (if it ships with a standard DE, I probably don't know it coz I only use XFCE myself and I've installed many distros on many machines and the default's a bit hazy)? I upgraded from bog standard Adwaita to Moka nearly 2 years back and am looking for a refresh that's easy to see, neat, polished, and complete. TIA.

Staff online

Members online