newest kid on the block

Last edited:

So. what would you suggest, just simply reformat the stick and repeat.

Harald,

I need more information from you. Please answer these two items:

First - referring to # 154 - which partition are you referring to?
Second - what do you mean - you have copied unetbootin 5 times?

Please clarify these for me.
Thanks.
OGTC

Hi Charlie, I've saved the unetbootin file in a folder on the computer. Every time it goes onto the flash drive thats when it some where decides to stop. That has happened now 5 times. Everytime I have to stop the sequence, I have to reformat the flash drive, because itss incomplete. Right?

Re #154 the partition mentioned there refers to the space I/ve made ready for Luni

Hi Charlie, I've saved the unetbootin file in a folder on the computer. Every time it goes onto the flash drive thats when it some where decides to stop. That has happened now 5 times. Everytime I have to stop the sequence, I have to reformat the flash drive, because itss incomplete. Right?
@hacodo75

Did you follow the directions I gave in # 153 precisely?

This blinking Win 10 goes off when it thinks it will. I was saying, was made ready for Linux. I should not have mentioned it there.

I think so. downloaded to computer, saved in Document in a folder save and sound, then followed the displayed next window to get it onto flash drive [USB]

checked:: I had exactly those windows and watched the Download of files, then the extraction which stopped at file 262 twice.

I think so. downloaded to computer, saved in Document in a folder save and sound, then followed the displayed next window to get it onto flash drive [USB]

Now I would like you to go through it again; this time I want you to take a screenshot of each new screen that comes up, starting with a screenshot of the folder where unetbootin is stored; and attach them to your replies, one screenshot for each reply. {I realize this is going to take some time, but it's the only way I know of that I can see where and if there is a problem. Thanks for being patient;}
OGTC

I'll try, gives me the creeps. its not the screnshots, but the attaching I find difficult. Don't thank me for being patient, I was more thinking if you had hair on your head, you would be tearing it out by now.

this is no4 by the way it was running but has just stopped at 1326 meg

This was the first screenshot, I just could not get that in the first instance, I;m holpefull and sure, you can get them into the right sequence, I'm sorry its such a muddle. Its my not having any track with Win 10, it does with me as it wants to and I don;t know what has happend.

There be a break now I;m cooking my dinner.

@hacodo75 @captain-sensible

Yum! Sounds very good.
Harald, before we go further, seeing that 'attaching' to your posts give you a little problem, perhaps we should just take a time out and see if I can simplify that for you. If you would like to do that, I'll be happy to see what I can put together to make it easy to understand.
OGTC
PS I must say though, that your screenshot attachments are coming through just fine.

yesand I must say, that it is the stupid WIN 10 system that makes it so difficult. I'm slowly learning that it is the copying over that I forget. But it is very confusing. copy here paste there then paste again. Don't worry about making it easier, unless you are planning a screenshooting spree.

I can see a couple of things making ti confusing one is navigating into dropbox by mistake so maybe disable or uninstall ? Then its the way of navigating ; you used to be able to just do "my computer" and look around. That file tab , is that not giving details when all we wnt to see is something like abc.exe on Desktop ?

Members online

Latest posts