newest kid on the block

Hey @captain-sensible
The amoeba method works best for me! Maybe that's why I am bald with a funny shaped head. LOL.
When I started using computers in 1993, I found that the best way for me to learn was to push buttons and see what happens. Then I soon found out that I needed to start remembering which buttons I pushed to get what I got!
Once I got that figured out, I realized that my memory was not as good as it used to be; so I had to start writing things down.
Then after compiling lots of notes and stuff, I would have a difficult time remembering where I stored things.
As you can see, I have been just like your Amoeba!
That is also one of the reasons I love screen shots. Pictures might tell a fuller story of things, than words can do by themselves.
{I sometimes wonder how I got through high school and one class in college}
Enough already.
Watch out you brick walls, Old Geezer is coming after you again!!! LOL.
Old Geezer
TC
can you take that hat off so we can determine your head shape ?

Out of interest what's on D drive it's saying Dvd but my usb also came up called live.can you show me what's on D
On D:Drive is nothing >>> empty. As explained before when I did the Partitions I set it up as Linux : D:Drive. Its ;not formatted just virgin.
What I didn't get from before, that you wanted me to put the Salixos file and rufus on the stick and then transfer to desktop. I've got them floating around the ?file manager?? or in the download.

ok i think the best way forward , is that i suggest a way forward.in same steps Then you show me that each step has been completed.

So first both the rufus.exe and salix .iso need to be on your Desktop. You can etiher drag and drop from where they are or download new files with the Destination Desktop. When they are on your desktop, please take a screen shot.

i'm getting my celebration speil ready " let @hacodo75 see the light and he did " hallelujah..

I have downloaded salixos and rufus files. they are on the desktop but I can't for the live of me get any screenshots to appear. I followed the lWIN 10 instructions so many times, I know them by heart now. But still no screenshots.

@hacodo75
Hey there fellow oldster,
Just a foolish question from a fellow oldster - on your Windows 10 have you tried the 'Prt-Sc' button on your keyboard to take a Screenshot?
Old Geezer
TC

hey @70 Tango Charlie i think your user image should have you holding a lollypop with a caption "who loves ya baby" - do you remember Kojak ?

I am not far off you but if i was to wear a berret i would now look like the bloke from "some mothers do av em" which is why i display myself in military uniform circa age 12

if you could guide @hacodo75 to a begetting files in place and confirming that would be great

@hacodo75
Hey there fellow oldster,
Just a foolish question from a fellow oldster - on your Windows 10 have you tried the 'Prt-Sc' button on your keyboard to take a Screenshot?
Old Geezer
TC

Last edited:
@70 Tango Charlie
yes at least a dozen times, I then look into the screenshot file via picture folder and ;nothing there. So is there something missing on lmy part, like brain; or what. ??

@70 Tango Charlie
yes at least a dozen times, I then look into the screenshot file via picture folder and ;nothing there. So is there something missing on lmy part, like brain; or what. ??
Harald,
Nothing wrong with your brain! After all, you are giving Linux a try.
After you take your 'prt-Sc' pic, you will not find it anywhere visible - UNTIL - you open a word processor: MS Word, Libre Office Writer or some such thing.
Once you have that open, press the 'Ctrl + V' keys to paste your screenshot there.
Give that a try and let us know what results you get.
OG
TC
Ole Cap is just a new friend I have acquired on this forum, giving me his Raspberry welcome.
@captain-sensible

ok in meantime what do you get if you type : cmd
into magnifying search widget ,bottom left

here comes the screenshot
Screenshot (1).png

Looks like you are gaining on it.
I will guarantee that once you have Linux up and running, taking screenshots is a whole lot easier.
OG
TC
I don't know what happrend there. but it has appeared, hopefully its any use.

Harald,
Did that screenshot come from following the steps I gave you in #94?
OG
TC

Yes I would think so. It then appeared on the File Explore
page, I still could not move it though. That screenshot as you see in in #96 came up when I went to the Widget that @captain-sensible suggested.
You both made it come up eventually.
You do look a whole lot better without the contraption you used to hide under!!! H

H
This is just to show you how easy it is to do screenshots in Linux Mint 19.3.
I did this a minute ago, and here it is now:
H-75.png

That is how easy it is to do in LM 19.3
In case you just want part of the screen, you can do this:

HH.png

That's really how easy it is with the screenshot tool in LM 91.3
As you can see, I took these from your screenie in #96.

OG
TC

Members online