Linux

sohamjain01324

Reaction score
Credits
Hi Y'all,

Wanna a Linux OS that is close to Mac OS any suggestions to which distro of linux of use

A lot of Mac OS users like ElementaryOS (eOS for short). It's a pretty clean, user-friendly distro that's based on an LTS Ubuntu.

It's in version 5.7ish right now, and called Hera. Odin, ver. 6.0 is due out sometime soon - but the exact date is unknown. So, if you were to install eOS today, you'd be faced with needing to upgrade sometime in the not-too-distant future.

i guess that would be ?:

Code:
apt full-upgrade

i was playing with aptitude , since i did have elementaryOS on wifes laptop and there was
Code:
aptitude safe-upgrade
; but i don't think that would upgrade from one release to another/ i think the aptitude command is same as :
apt-get dist-upgrade

All in all i found elementaryOS quite a decent OS with software listed as "free" as in $ and some not free.

Is there any other Distros that are there that are free that are similar to Mac OS. Looked it up and it charging me 30 bucks for the full functionality. I kinda need that for a school Robotics as using C on Linux and Mac OS is much easier windows. If that is the last resort than will get elementaryOS.

Is it possible if y'all can leave the link for the elementaryOS website. Like the official one.

Is it possible if y'all can leave the link for the elementaryOS website. Like the official one.

Wanna a Linux OS that is close to Mac OS any suggestions to which distro of linux of use

Last edited:
You can just put $0.00 and download it for free. Any apps they're pushing you can just grab others that do the same thing.

apt full-upgrade

Maybe do-dist-upgrade, or maybe even needing a fresh install? I dunno, it depends on what changes they've made.