Hello All

Used Red Hat back in 80's a long time ago (Oooops dated myself), then life got in the way ...

A little while ago I finally woke from my Windoze nightmare and started using some of my old favorites (Thunderbird, Gimp, Abi Writer, etc ...) through the Linux developer mode on my Acer Chromebook. So I have been Windows free for a couple years now and feel a bit like a recovering addict ...:rolleyes:

Well this Crostini adventure awakened the GNU bug again and my "new to me" System76 Darter Pro arrives Saturday from an eBay seller. It is a fairly new (darp8) machine with a new 1T ssd and a new battery. Feel a bit like a child on Christmas Eve ... :D

Ready to dive back in with both feet. Wish me luck and I hope some of you will be willing to stand at the side of the pool with a lifesaver ring should the need arise.

Well this "semi" old guy got his System76 Darter today. First impressions WOW.

So much to setup and learn ...

Three guesses where I will be a big part of this weekend ...:p

Don't Panic, sit back, grab a beer, kick off your shoes, and enjoy the ride.

Well this "semi" old guy got his System76 Darter today. First impressions WOW.

So much to setup and learn ...

Three guesses where I will be a big part of this weekend ...:p
I have no idea where you will be, but wherever that is, I can predict what you will be doing. :)

Your post make me think that the seller wiped it and set it up as a new operating system installation for you. I bet it goes well and you will be happy with your new computer, along with the beer that goes with it. Enjoy!

Yes they wiped everything and set it factory fresh ...Nice touch

They even included all the original stickers, unused screen cloth, packing materials and everything it came with originally ...;)

Very good experience overall, other than the 1.5 hour (one way) trip to the wrong post office, that our postal service misdirected it to. Was a pretty day for a drive though and saved me the extra 3 days it was going to take for it to come to the house ...:D

Going to start a thread in the "Getting Started" forum and share this new adventure in case anyone wants to ride along. Mostly so i can learn my way around this 'new to me' forum software.

Thank you everyone for the welcome here and I look forward to spending some time here.

@dunmoven Congratulations on the new Machine. I'm sure it will be a wonderful linux experience for you. Did it come with POPOS or Ubuntu? They sold them with both of those Distros.
Enjoy!

@dunmoven Congratulations on the new Machine. I'm sure it will be a wonderful linux experience for you. Did it come with POPOS or Ubuntu? They sold them with both of those Distros.
Enjoy!
POP!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts