Australia - The Land Down Under

An absolute piece of cake to make !

(i just had to say that....:D;))

Last edited:
The following is a long, slow talk about the Darling River.

The manner in which it is discussed is quintessentially Australian

One three year old goes to a pre school once per week. ....just a 400 km round trip. (240 miles for you usa folk)

It is the third longest river in Australia

Darling River.png

At least try to immerse yourself in the mindsets of those speaking....It is after all....Australian.

Re: vote i'm a very easy going person as you all know - but neither yes i read thread or no i don't read thread doesn't fit. I sometimes peruse the thread !

'Perusal' option added !

Peruse is one of those words that many people think is the exact opposite.

It means to carefully read something, where as many think it means to skim something.

A big development out of Queensland. Scientists have developed an antiviral therapy that kills off the COVID-19 viral load in infected mice by 99.9 per cent, Australian researchers say.

"It travels to the lungs and it will actually enter all the lung cells, but only in the lung cells with the virus will it destroy — normal cells are completely unharmed by this treatment."

A young Aussie lad moved to London and went to Harrods looking for a job. The manager asked, "Do you have any sales experience?" The young man answered, "Yeah, I was a salesman back home." The manager liked the Aussie so he gave him the job. His first day on the job was challenging and busy, but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the manager came down and asked "OK, so how many sales did you make today?" The Aussie said "One." The manager groaned and continued "Just one? Our sales people average 20 or 30 sales a day. How much was the sale for?" "£101 237.64" The Aussie replied. The manager choked and exclaimed £101 237.64? What the hell did you sell him?" "Well, first I sold him a small fish hook, then a medium fish hook, and then, I sold him a new fishing rod. Then I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down at the coast, so I told him he would need a boat, so we went down to the boat department and I sold him that twin-engine Power Cat. Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to car sales and I sold him the 4 x 4 Suzuki". The manager, incredulous, said "You mean to tell me....a guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a boat and 4x4?". "No no no......he came in here to buy a box of tampons for his wife and I said........."Well, since your weekend's screwed, you might as well go fishing!""

@Condobloke ... :D :D :D

sorry lads I could not resist this one

What's the difference between an Australian and a computer?

You only have to punch information into a computer once.

Brian or I will find a smart comeback to that. We're just waiting for the right time and then we'll pounce.

perhaps something related to the Poms ineptitude with a cricket bat and ball....

So, if you want to really wish to see some of Australia's beauty ....take a look through the eyes of this man, Bruce Stamatovich, The Drone Trucker.
Bruce drives the Nullarbor Plain every week.

He is a genuine aussie if ever there was one.

I asked him, if he minded me reproducing his footage here on Linux.org, and his reply was "go for it mate"

Follow him on Facebook

@Condobloke
Thanks a bunch for introducing us to Bruce.
That video is outstanding!
Just an OG TC

Keep watching his channel, Charlie.

He is an absolute font of information, and a truly good man.