Solved YouTube's Anti-Adblock With uBlock Origin

Solved issue

Maybe of interest

I am sick of youtube changing what occurs though.

For now we've been able to resolve this by updating filters when YouTube changes stuff. That's a good thing and it's not even complicated. Well, it can be slightly complicated if you have a bunch of your own rules, but even that isn't all that complicated.

The article sums it up nicely. Among the annoyances are people who aren't impacted thinking that this means their adblocking strategy is working. That muddies the waters quite a bit.

Fortunately, this thread exists. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to have much search engine traffic. While content is king, maybe a better title will help?

If you want to change the title of the thread go ahead, do what you think is better

If you do not mind, I'll do that. I'll try to make it something a search engine will pick up and help us rank a bit higher. As far as I can tell, this is one of the best and most accurate threads on the subject.

Edit: Done. I also set it to solved, so that hopefully the search engines see this.

i use AdBlocker Ultimate and have the same troubles. i have not changed anything but as of friday youtub is not blocking.

i use AdBlocker Ultimate and have the same troubles. i have not changed anything but as of friday youtub is not blocking.

Move to uBlock Origin (available for all the major browsers) and keep your filters updated (through the gears looking preferences link).

This is the most realistic solution at this time. It's verifiably effective, as evidenced by the comments and links in this thread itself.

In an earlier post, I did link to an alternative way to view YouTube. You may take that route if you're not an avid user with a bunch of subscriptions. If you only have a few subscriptions it's fine. If you're like me, with hundreds of subscriptions, it's not as viable to migrate to a new platform.

Members online