WIFI ADAPTER NOT FOUND

When asking for help
Please state the make and model number of your machine or its specification [some problems may be equipment specific]

We do not have crystal balls, Until we can determine Which brand of wi-fi or which chipset it has, then we are in the dark without a candle, Tell us what the machine is, there is a chance one of us may know what wi-fi is usually inbuilt.

The wifi adapter I have is called Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 and the distribution I had was Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS. Also, I would like to mention again that I'm very new to LINUX and do not have any prior knowledge of wifi-systems or about computer hardwares or related things, as a matter of fact and I am trying to learn as much as possible while I'm at it. I really do appreciate the help but it would be great if you could try not to be rude about it and guide me once and ask for any information that is required.

Thanks.

I found this:

You will want a wired connection or a USB tethered phone as a hotspot for this exercise. The directions for opening a terminal may be a bit different for different operating systems.

The directions look abundantly clear for a new user. Do not skip steps. Use cut and paste. Remember that Linux is case-sensitive, so if it's a lowercase letter it needs to be a lowercase letter.

The wifi adapter I have is called Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 and the distribution I had was Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS. Also, I would like to mention again that I'm very new to LINUX and do not have any prior knowledge of wifi-systems or about computer hardwares or related things, as a matter of fact and I am trying to learn as much as possible while I'm at it. I really do appreciate the help but it would be great if you could try not to be rude about it and guide me once and ask for any information that is required.

Thanks.
It's worth checking the output of:
Code:
lsusb
to see what it might say about the driver. Sometimes adapter names, chipset names and driver names do not match because at times manufacturers change the chips without changing the unit's name, so the new chip requires a new driver, and the command: lsusb can provide help in the matter if there's such a confusion.

I found this:

You will want a wired connection or a USB tethered phone as a hotspot for this exercise. The directions for opening a terminal may be a bit different for different operating systems.

The directions look abundantly clear for a new user. Do not skip steps. Use cut and paste. Remember that Linux is case-sensitive, so if it's a lowercase letter it needs to be a lowercase letter.
Great tutorial however; it may be a bit challenging for a n00b to Linux.

All you need to do is be methodical, open the web page and minimize to one side of screen, open the terminal and minimise to other side of screen, then follow the instructions by copy/paste the commands across one at a time. Remembering to enter after each command
if the terminal screen disappears just click the terminal icon and it will reappear

Great tutorial however; it may be a bit challenging for a n00b to Linux.

So long as they follow directions, they should be okay.

Hii everyone, I tried all of the above methods but unfortunately none of them worked and it was getting kinda frustrating for me. So I tried to install the latest version of Ubuntu i.e, Ubuntu 23.04 and thankfully everything went okay with it and I can smoothly work on it now. Thank you all for taking out time to reply and trying to solve my problem. Really appreciate it.

Thanks.

So long as they follow directions, they should be okay.
When I was a noob I didn't even know what the terminal was, LOL!

Now I use it so much it's ridiculous:-

@musketon just be aware that Ubuntu 23.04 reaches its end of life a little after mid-January 2024.

Cheers

Wizard

Hii everyone, I tried all of the above methods but unfortunately none of them worked and it was getting kinda frustrating for me. So I tried to install the latest version of Ubuntu i.e, Ubuntu 23.04 and thankfully everything went okay with it and I can smoothly work on it now. Thank you all for taking out time to reply and trying to solve my problem. Really appreciate it.

Thanks.
Did you get the Wi-Fi working with Ubuntu?

Members online