Why should I use Arch?

Arch isn't based off anything just itself.

Hmm why would you like it better than your current server? Well it's fast! very reliable. A very secure distro.

It's extremely lightweight! What I like the most about Arch is it's install what you want. It doesn't come with all this useless junk you don't need.
It's simple to install and configure.

It's a rolling release which means it's always always update. You don't have to worry about upgrading like you do with other distros.

I'm use to apt to being easy to update.

But Arch is simple to. It' uses pacman so all you need to type is
pacman -Syu and bam! You are up to date!

Just give Arch a try. You'll love it when you do.

Arch linux is base in CRUX people keep that in mind

I have heard that Arch does not come with a graphical desktop, text only... Is that true?

I have heard that Arch does not come with a graphical desktop, text only... Is that true?
Not according to ryanvade..... :) Plus, I think I've seen Spatry do a review of it on YouTube..... :D

No, The installation is done from the command line and takes a little reading to complete the first time. Arch supports the most DE's (desktop environments) that I came across in a distro, either officially supported or unofficially supported, not to say they have more or the most than others. Unofficially would mean the package is not precompiled in the Arch database and that you would need to download the package (script like form) from the AUR that would download the source and compile it locally.

Arch has many pros and even a few cons BUT don't chose it as your first distro.

Happy Linux'ing!

Members online

Latest posts