JoeBlack

Reaction score
Credits
Does you follow, and listen/watch Linux content creators?
(Podcast? Youtube? Writer of a book? Blog/News Articles)
Who do you think are the most notable, well known "celebrities" in the Linux community?

Who do you think are worth hearing? Recommendations?
Who have you learned valuable things from?
Who are toxic?

Why? To keep up to date with the Linux world and development?
Learn Linux stuff?
Just jiving with the people and culture?

I have followed a few, some content I like and some I don't. I work as a Linux sysadmin so most of the stuff I prefer spending my time on is learning new things for work so I care less about learning new things for desktop Linux. As you say I do follow these content creators and watch some of their content to keep up with what's going on in the Linux community seen these people are usually up-to-date as in what's going on and happening. Saves me from having to be subscribed to different newsletters.

I follow a lot of tech content creators, but in regards to Linux, I only follow around 2. I also only watch things that are new or something that I never heard about. I find a lot of folks copy each others ideas like walking through different Distro installs, reaction videos, etc... I find it's hard to find a content creator that is unique in the space.

I will say that Chris Titus Tech is one of my favourite creators, he used to be mainly Linux but these days he does Linux, Windows, MacOS. I really like his live streams where he does a lot Linux related streams as well, I learn a lot from him.

I will say that Chris Titus Tech is one of my favourite creators, he used to be mainly Linux but these days he does Linux, Windows, MacOS. I really like his live streams where he does a lot Linux related streams as well, I learn a lot from him.

Yeah I agree with this.

I like computerphile which isn't about Linux but I suppose is closely related enough to allow me to mention.

I really don't spend any time with content creators. Instead, I just create my own. I also try to encourage other people to create.

I do not have that many followers, but the folks who do are pretty frickin' awesome.

I mainly watch Mental Outlaw and DistroTube, but I'll also watch Chris Were and Chris Titus Tech on occasion. I don't like Bryan Lunduke because I find him to be smug and someone who spews bs. Granted, I've been occasionally guilty of the latter as well, but at least I can admit it and I try to not do that anymore.

Staff online