What distro logo do you like the most?

spacebanana

Reaction score
Credits
I personally love NixOS and Debian's logos. Those are also the 2 distros I use the most. Coincidence? Bias? Maybe...

I just really like the spiral and the snowflake and their colours, and they fit nicely as a logo

Lubuntu_Lenny.svg

Meet Lenny. He's from Lubuntu, but not really in use these days. We seem to have somehow ended up focusing on birds. Which, I suppose, Lenny technically is - but these are flying stylized birds these days.

He was on Lubuntu merchandise and I'd pay a good sum for a sweatshirt with him on it.

960x0.jpg

Simple, and easy to remember!

Lubuntu_Lenny.svg

Meet Lenny. He's from Lubuntu, but not really in use these days. We seem to have somehow ended up focusing on birds. Which, I suppose, Lenny technically is - but these are flying stylized birds these days.

He was on Lubuntu merchandise and I'd pay a good sum for a sweatshirt with him on it.

Lenny is cool.
I like the Lubuntu Hummingbird.

lubuntu Hummingbird , Hummingbird HD wallpaper

I like the Lubuntu Hummingbird.

The bird is indeed nice. I'm not sure about the history of Lubuntu's mascots or logos.

The thing is, I'm an official Lubuntu member and I don't know that. As in, I have an @lubuntu.me email address and everything, but I have no idea about this particular bit of history.

Lenny adorned merchandise for a while, but I have no idea who designed him. I know he's not available now, as there's no merchandise currently for sale. I'm a member, not on the council, so I don't have anything to do with things like fundraising.

There's also been some fairly recent changes in personnel and some big changes to the distro. I'm not sure if that history has been lost, or anything. When I'm in chat and folks are active, I'll try to remember to ask about Lenny.

And try to get him on a sweatshirt.

My votes are for Debian's and Red Hat's logos.

Red Hat was the first distribution I used, and Debian the one I used the longest. The vibes kick in at their sight!

Linux Arch, i think thats what its called. That cool A letter feels like its that one red sword from again i think doom eternal. It can be used as a wallpaper.

The bird is indeed nice. I'm not sure about the history of Lubuntu's mascots or logos.
Best I can tell based on this scroll down to Lubuntu 18.10
according to this

"Lubuntu 18.10

In a 14 May 2018 announcement the project developers confirmed that Lubuntu would transition to the LXQt desktop for Lubuntu 18.10. It was released on 18 October 2018 and included LXQt. This transition was planned for after the release of Lubuntu 18.04 LTS, to allow testing and development over three regular releases before the first long term support version, Lubuntu 20.04 LTS, is released with LXQt. The project also changed its logo in early April 2018, in anticipation of this move."
This is all that I could find as to when the Hummingbird began being used.

Are we sharing our favorite logos or wallpapers of Linux distributions here because currently I see both?

The project also changed its logo in early April 2018, in anticipation of this move."

That may very well be it. I didn't pay all that much attention until I decided to start helping the project out.

That was not too long after 18.04. I'm not exactly sure when.

Are we sharing our favorite logos or wallpapers of Linux distributions here because currently I see both?

I'm aiming for a logo - but it might have been a mascot. I think some of the wallpapers contain stylized versions of the logo.

Kali Linux and Lubuntu are my two favorites the Dragon and the Hummingbird.

Members online

Latest posts