upload Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't know what went wrong, it should upload no problem

Am I missing something

Are you talking about your own distro, perhaps?

If so, host it somewhere like Sourceforge or GitHub and than ask for an admin to link it. However, that's probably not going to be an immediate thing. They're going to likely want you to have had a distro up and running for a few years with good support and a good reputation - and they'll likely want it to be a reasonably popular distro. We lack the staff to constantly maintain a real list of all the possible distros.

I'm trying to upload Linux here.

Welcome to the Forum.
m0135.gif

Please explain in detail what you mean as it make no sense.
m1516.gif

Seems a little strange that you want to 'upload' a distro - are you meaning 'download' a distro to your own computer?

Go to the Download Linux section, & click on the one you want; else go to the distros home page download section, & download from there.

Hello @Deanda1!,
Welcome to Linux.org forum. Your post is a little vague, could you explain just what your trying to do?
Uploads of Distro is not normally permitted unless you have prior approval from @Rob.
Are you perhaps trying to download a linux distro? If so we can help with that.

Yup, I suspect the OP DID mean 'download', as opposed to 'upload'. Of course, it's mainly geeks like us that would immediately pick-up on the discrepancy.....

Mike. :D

it's mainly geeks like us
Watch who you're calling Geeks, just because many of us can speak geek, it doesn't make us members of that clan
;)

My Clan would be Dragonfire Eclipse

The association of, Doggers, Bodgers, and Treacle Benders
... and also a charter member of the Society for the Promotion of Obscure Terminology (SPOT).

Brit slang can be challenging to translate into American English. ;-)

(... and yeah, I made it up.)

<-- If I knew then what I know now, this account would have had a name starting with a funny symbol. Why is it even allowed? The other day I caught somebody using a semicolon to start. (shake head) A short time ago somebody got banned who had a very ordinary handle, could have been the gift of cleverness. (keep shaking head while looking at the sky)

I could be wrong but probably the OP isn't going to post any longer.

Some forums impose restrictions on new users. They have minimum posting requirements before the "training wheels come off." After that you can post indiscriminately and send PMs. The spammers try to boost their post counts to meet the requirements.

Another tactic I have observed is creating an account and making a post or two, then allowing the account to "age". When the spam starts, the aged account looks more like an established member with a join date in the past.

Another tactic I have observed is creating an account and making a post or two, then allowing the account to "age". When the spam starts, the aged account looks more like an established member with a join date in the past.
except with us , you may have been a member for 5 years but you will still show as a new member, until you reach the required point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.