Rock Roxx

Over 18 years ago, when I was 44, one of my best friends, Tim, was aged 82, being a friend originally of my parents. Tim was a free thinker, and embraced music from classical to rock, as I do.

Elaine and I had the opportunity to spend a weekend with him and his wife at Easter 2002, and a few days later, he passed away of a heart attack.

The last night we saw him, after dinner we were listening to 2 of his favourite artists. His favourite song from Bread (also one of my fave groups then) was Aubrey

The other artist he enjoyed was Robbie Williams, and we listened to parts of his two albums "Sing When You're Winning" and "Swing When You're Winning", the latter having been released only a couple of months earlier.

Here's "Better Man" from that last album, performed live.

Wiz

Nelson, got 11 of America's albums on vinyl. :) ... or maybe 9, I've got 11 of someone's could be Carole King or Elton John. :D

The Royal Choral Society has performed Handel's Messiah on Good Friday at the Royal Albert Hall every year since 1876....(some of them dont look old enough.....)

WARNING: Those suffering epilepsy should be careful with the following clip because of the lighting effects.

From their 1971 album Meddle comes one of my favourite Pink Floyd songs.

This track took the whole 2nd side of the album, at 23 minutes. This is a live version performed at the Gdansk Shipyards (Poland) in 2006 before 50,000 fans.

It measures 25 minutes, so you really have to be a fan.

I am.

One of many comments at the youtube site reads

When the audience knows a song after 1 NOTE.....you know it's a masterpiece.

From the first, sonar-like ping, this is undeniably, unmistakably

Echoes

Wizard

from The Boss.....

My goodness, that gave me goosebumps - it was like I was watching Riverdance for the first time :)

I love this Thread, and I love this Forum, that I get to share in so many things with you from all around the globe, even during these COVID times.

Stay safe, all.

Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts