Reimplementation of Notepad++ for Linux Users

Adithyansm

Reaction score
Credits
Hi everyone hope all are having a good day :)

If you guys are looking for a good alternative to the famous Notepad++ then here it is!
The notepad next
"A cross-platform, reimplementation of Notepad++. Releases are available for Windows, Linux, and macOS"

You can edit the source and all that stuff with the help of notepad next

I think it an amazing software and I thought I should share it with you guys
It is a QT application
It is available through flatpak and Appimages

Links:
https://flathub.org/apps/details/com.github.dail8859.NotepadNext
https://github.com/dail8859/NotepadNext
https://itsfoss.com/notepad-next/

flatpak install flathub com.github.dail8859.NotepadNext.flatpakref
Looking for matches…
error: Nothing matches com.github.dail8859.NotepadNext.flatpakref in remote flathub

flatpak install flathub com.github.dail8859.NotepadNext.flatpakref
Looking for matches…
error: Nothing matches com.github.dail8859.NotepadNext.flatpakref in remote flathub
You can just try
Code:
flatpak install com.github.dail8859.NotepadNext

I really wish someone would revive Crimson Editor and port it to Linux. Back in my Windows days, that was my absolute favorite text editor.

This one does look interesting, but I think I'm going to wait for it to have fewer bugs.

Unfortunately, it is not available for Linux users "
I just installed it from flatpak
and the appimage also works pretty well
2022-05-02_21-05.png

You are here: Home / Software / Notepad Next is a Reimplementation of Notepad++ for Linux Users

Notepad Next is a Reimplementation of Notepad++ for Linux Users​

Last updated May 2, 2022 By Ankush Das Leave a Comment

Brief: Notepad Next is an interesting replacement for Notepad++ users on Linux, along with its cross-platform support. Let’s take a closer look.
Notepad++ is a popular source code editor and a solid Notepad alternative for Windows users.
It is a powerful utility that provides the best possible performance without taking a lot of storage space.
Unfortunately, it is not available for Linux users.
------------------------------------

Perhaps you should send Ankush an email

Notepad++ is a popular source code editor and a solid Notepad alternative for Windows users.
It is a powerful utility that provides the best possible performance without taking a lot of storage space.
Unfortunately, it is not available for Linux users.
See Ankush is talking about the notepad++ that is not available in Linux not the notepad next app
He is talking about the unofficial client of notepad ++ that is available through snap
But the official notepad next app is available in linux

To add to that, on the GitHub page look on the right for 'releases' and that's where you'll normally find stuff like compiled binaries. It's not a very distinguished link so I suspect all sorts of people end up missing that.

I use Notepad++ religiously at my job, where I have to use Windows. But I find that I don't have the same needs in Linux, as most of the popular editors allow multiple open files, and have syntax highlighting, regex search/replace, etc.

The only thing many of them miss is the ability to reload files if not saved on close. But I think this encourages laziness and should be considered bad practice.

Members online