Post a screenshot of your Desktop

Desktop.png

Viva la resistance!!
-only joking, I've had enough of clunky Windows and am here to learn about the only viable alternative. I will miss this desktop set-up though...
(I find myself wandering how many of these programs will work in Linux, & how strong is Linux's desktop icon game?)

View attachment 12908
Viva la resistance!!
-only joking, I've had enough of clunky Windows and am here to learn about the only viable alternative. I will miss this desktop set-up though...
(I find myself wandering how many of these programs will work in Linux, & how strong is Linux's desktop icon game?)
WINE will run almost anything these days. I have one DX9 project I did where the colour gets messed on a procedurally-generated texture (mustard --> green). Yes, anti-cheat stuff and netplay are issues, but they'll be sorted. I'm sure. Don't play modern games much.

As for desktop, you can achieve that identical look in XFCE with a few clicks, and MATE will be freaking close OOTB!

But on a side note: ICONS GO IN THE DOCK/PANEL, NOT YOUR DESKTOP!!! Heathenism! ... Just kidding dude. How you setup your flow is what's right for you and the beauty of moving to Linux is you will now have even more control over your desktop.

GNU/Linux ni youkoso!

I'm on my laptop at the moment. Minimal.

Screenshot from 2022-06-28 02-30-35.png

The other half of my laptop dual-boot.

Screenshot from 2022-06-29 04-10-10.png

Last edited:
Verry nice.... I am talking about the Bike
Yes ... the bike. It is a nice looking bike.

The rider looks a bit out of place; perhaps a scooter would fit her better.

She's gonna look like pepperoni if she gets in an accident.

I hope she's an organ donor!

Yes ... the bike. It is a nice looking bike.

The rider looks a bit out of place; perhaps a scooter would fit her better.
@Bartman Not that I was shooting down your screenshot! Me likee!

Yes they are really nice.

I found some really close to the one in my desktop background which I believe may be a 1960s "Bullet".

Members online