Post a screenshot of your Desktop

LorenDB

Credits
I put these screenshots together the other day. It's changed slightly since then but this is a fairly accurate representation.

This originated with my frustration of Mac-like setups that were inaccurate. I decided to go all-in with this one.

This is using KDE Plasma and Latte-dock. The launcher application is Slingscold, which is pretty tricky to install.

Attachments

gvisoc

Credits
I think I have nailed what I needed coming from macOS, replicating the bits I was missing (global menu and icon task list at the bottom). Neither need nor plan any further customisation in a big while. Details in my blog.
F3DF5B38-C67B-4144-A640-89D01F853CA9.png

flavio

Credits
2020-07-26_22-05-40_Mx_MxLinux-PlasmaKDE-beta2-KInfocentre.jpg

MX Linux KDE (beta 2).

Just a report on my experience, with a Translate button at the top of right column, for desktop screens.

sp331yi

Credits
A very nicely done blog, @falvio! MX is pretty to begin with and I like your presentation, which adds attractiveness.

smxi not used post-install, I see. I find it very useful, once the temptation to overuse options is overcome.

sp331yi

flavio

Credits

arochester

Staff member
Gold Supporter
Credits
@sp331yi

smxi not used post-install, I see. I find it very useful, once the temptation to overuse options is overcome.
I thought that smxi was used post-install (after install). It can hardly be used pre-install (before install)...

It is a lot wider than MX Linux

smxi is an interactive tool designed to help people maintain their systems. It supports Debian (Stable, Testing, and Sid) and true Debian based distros (such as, but not limited to, AntiX, Aptosid, Epidemic, Linux Mint Debian [LMDE], Mepis). It does not support Ubuntu based distros because there are too many differences between Debian and Ubuntu.
Source -

sp331yi

Credits
@sp331yi
I thought that smxi was used post-install (after install). It can hardly be used pre-install (before install)...

It is a lot wider than MX Linux
Source -
@arochester -- pardon my grammar (or lack thereof) as I figured the tacit 'was' after 'smxi' was understood by the OP. I will watch this more closely in the future. Thanks!

Yes, it is wider than just MX as it applies to all Debian and Debian-based distros [NOT Ubuntu, as it, despite claiming to be of Debian roots, is not a "true" Debian distro].

One may use or try to use smxi as the acid test as to whether or not the distro in use is truly Debian or not (please note @jglen490 -- LOL!).

SOURCE: smxi.org

Members online