Post a screenshot of your Desktop

Is that Betty Page?

They're a 'deleted member'. So, they're unlikely to respond.

They either broke some rules or asked for their account to be removed.

I am running MX23.2 Linux XFCE.
Screenshot_2024-04-01_19-49-33.png

I do believe it should, but it doesn't

I don't use Pi's, nor Raspbian, but I'll have a look around and see if I learn something, if so, I will come back.

(Gotta look after our Frank Herbert fans)

Wizard

I could make one with a color of your choice, just for you?
Thanks for sharing that icon
Yes, make one for me but only if you have time.. I will eventually succeed:oops: to remove the orange border with gimp.

One great/another idea will be, to transform it into a neofetch type os logo and "set it" when the terminal starts.

For someone who is or feels creative...when the day starts aka linux log in, can be set and customize an account like...different
login pic, reworked/customized desktop layout, wallpaper and so on. I'm not an artist but, I like that idea and surroundings .

Once I had an idea to set a reboot button with a bios logo..

coreboot.jpg

But usually I just pic what I like.. I'm not good at painting/manipulate.
A abandoned work was to replace the default steam logo and color with a "ready to launch" or "already launched" using..
Screenshot from 2024-04-03 07-04-54.png
Steam wallpaper source...

I read somewhere that you are a steam user, so I thought that you maybe like this one too.

Thanks for sharing that icon
Yes, make one for me but only if you have time.. I will eventually succeed:oops: to remove the orange border with gimp.
:D :D

I made a repo of these icons, 15 so far. Have a look at them and decide which one you want. If it's not there, I'll make it. It takes about 20 seconds to make the icon, so name your desired color.

@rado84,

I downloaded the icon terminal-brighter-dark blue from your repo.
Nice work!

I went into the Settings> Appearance> Customize Theme> Icon...how do I apply the icon theme to the system?

Attachments

• Terminal Icon.png
    Terminal Icon.png
    143.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Icons.png
    Icons.png
    979.9 KB · Views: 50
Don't have a desktop, I only use Putty

( and Putty is a Windows tool, guess why )
You can use Putty on Linux as well.
Code:
putty-tools/stable,stable-security 0.78-2+deb12u1 amd64
  command-line tools for SSH, SCP, and SFTP

extra/putty 0.80-1
    A terminal integrated SSH/Telnet client

That's true but the point is that Putty is THE interface to connect to Linux, from Windows.

Surely on Linux, there's other interfaces, right ? Not saying better but just, other.

That's true but the point is that Putty is THE interface to connect to Linux, from Windows.

Surely on Linux, there's other interfaces, right ? Not saying better but just, other.
Yes, was just showing it is possible.
Since most people would just use the preinstalled OpenSSH in a terminal window on Linux for basic SSH access, the primary use of Putty on Linux is probably debugging: connecting to raw sockets and connecting to serial ports.

@rado84,

I downloaded the icon terminal-brighter-dark blue from your repo.
Nice work!

I went into the Settings> Appearance> Customize Theme> Icon...how do I apply the icon theme to the system?
It depends on the DE, that's why I use a more direct and universal approach:
sudo [filemanager] /usr/share/applications
which in my case would be
sudo pcmanfm /usr/share/applications
then find the desktop file for the terminal (in my case - gnome-terminal), right click on it, text editor, find the line that starts with Icon= and type the path to the icon there. Example:
Icon=/B/PROGRAMS/ICONS/PANEL SYSTEM ICONS/panel icons/terminal-tux.png
You don't need to use any kind of quotes to escape intervals when it comes to icons.

It depends on the DE, that's why I use a more direct and universal approach:
sudo [filemanager] /usr/share/applications
which in my case would be
sudo pcmanfm /usr/share/applications
then find the desktop file for the terminal (in my case - gnome-terminal), right click on it, text editor, find the line that starts with Icon= and type the path to the icon there. Example:
Icon=/B/PROGRAMS/ICONS/PANEL SYSTEM ICONS/panel icons/terminal-tux.png
You don't need to use any kind of quotes to escape intervals when it comes to icons.
Sorry for the delay-
I tried editing the path to the tx.png in superuser mode without success.
For some reason if I tried to type the path to the .png from the "icon=mate terminal" argument the cursor continued to move to the bottom of the mate terminal file.
I'm booted into Slackware now so when time allows I'll boot back into Debian and give it another go.

I'll be doing the whole upgrade to 24.04 in short order.

I'm pretty pleased with how it came out, though I've not had time to do much testing this time around.

I'll be doing the whole upgrade to 24.04 in short order.

I'm pretty pleased with how it came out, though I've not had time to do much testing this time around.
The Lubuntu devs did a nice job plus you have the option to do a minimal install and only install what you want which is nice.

I decided to switch to the Linux desktop of the future ;) because I wanted to see how the experience is compared current Linux distributions.
Screenshot from 2024-04-26 09-26-22.png

Members online

Latest posts