Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd, 2017 please sign up again. Thanks!

Oh Boy!! I think I am in way over my head. =(

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by ICEMAN, Nov 16, 2018.

1. ICEMAN

ICEMAN New Member

I'm adding this Wiz...as it was further down the scroll and not sure you need this info. It is my USB plugin back up of course and much of my photos and games etc are all stored here.

(Log in to hide this advertisement)

upload_2018-12-5_18-15-43.png

2. Bayou Bengal

Bayou Bengal Active Member

No, I don't do any gaming. My wife does some gaming on a site called Pogo, but it's nothing as sophisticated as MMO, or any other game that you'd actually install to your computer. You have downloaded a lot of the microsoft updates for Windows 7. I have downloaded none of those. It may be why I'm having no issues. How could you fix your Win 7? You obviously can't do a clean install of Win 7 anymore. The updates would all come down in rolling packages, and you'd have no way to pick and choose which ones you wanted and which ones to discard.. You might try reinstalling your game that gives you the BSOD. Your other choice is to get Ubuntu installed and try to get your favorite games running by using Wine/Play on Linux.

Oh yeah, there is one more choice, you could upgrade to Win 10. I'm sure your game/s would run in that without the issues you are having in Win 7.

3. wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz Super Moderator
    Staff Member Gold Supporter

[​IMG]

Dream on.

Legend, we are in business :D

It's like peekaboo, we (linux) can see you (Windows) but you cannot see us. We can read FAT 32, NTFS, you name it. So you can leave that for Ron (lateR ON).

I'll finish here for the mo (ment) and come back to Page 3

Wiz