newest kid on the block

Yes I did that and it gives you 6 options., But I can't see your posst coming in, only on my mobile/cell phone. So how can I get back to the forum?? Or lete your post coming, I can see them on the phone.

Are you on your Windows computer?

Good.
Now, from here on, I need your full attention, as it gets complicated. So, go to the potty if you have to, or get a drink or anything, because I will need you to follow closely on your computer.

Are you ready to continue?

Good.
Now, from here on, I need your full attention, as it gets complicated. So, go to the potty if you have to, or get a drink or anything, because I will need you to follow closely on your computer.

Are you ready to continue?

Can you get online with your Windows 7 computer? You could follow messages on the forum there if possible.

I understqand that. However I can not get back to your post, or do I need my second laptop? Otherwise I have to switch off everytime..

I understqand that. However I can not get back to your post, or do I need my second laptop? Otherwise I have to switch off everytime..

Second laptop would work best.

Second laptop would work best.

Sorry. I should have known better. When doing this, two computers work best. One to carry out the instructions-{Windows 10}, and the other to be on the forum to receive the instructions.

Sorry. I should have known better. When doing this, two computers work best. One to carry out the instructions-{Windows 10}, and the other to be on the forum to receive the instructions.

Let me know when you have the other laptop online, on the forum. It's best if they are side by side to make it convenient to use both.

Sorry Pal. Can't get signal . its so week. My new comp has good reception, but the old donkey does not feel thing. I can't bring the router down here, lack of connectivity. So it will have to be the phone or you tell me all steps in one post and I will follow that .

sorry that was a major operation. I have now got the second laptop set up on Linux. I will check with my phone whether I have the latest post from you showing . I have got a signal now and we will hopefully be ok. if something fails, I will have to abort here and tell you.

Sorry Pal. Can't get signal . its so week. My new comp has good reception, but the old donkey does not feel thing. I can't bring the router down here, lack of connectivity. So it will have to be the phone or you tell me all steps in one post and I will follow that .

OK
So it looks like all the steps in sequence. Please pay close attention to each step from here on.
So, here goes:

1. In 'Advanced options', click on 'UEFI Firmware Settings'.

2. In 'UEFI Firmware Settings', click on 'Restart'.

3. Press 'F10' key. Should be right above the number 10 key.

4. You are now in 'Setup Utility' window. While in this section you navigate using the keyboard, not the mouse.

5. Move right to 'System Configuration' tab using right arrow key. Press 'Enter' on System Config. tab.

6. Scroll down to 'Boot options' with down arrow key. Press 'Enter' on 'Boot options.'

7. Boot options screen opens up.

That's it for this
Section #1
Section #2 will be along soon.
Let me know when you are ready for Section #2

Do you mean 'Boot Options"?

This is the 'Boot options' screen:
1.png

Yes I'm right there were u r highlighted

The next thing is to make your screen look exactly like mine. Notice especially the disabled ones.
When you get down to 'Clear All Secure Boot Keys' press it. If it says 'OK" press 'Enter'. If not, then change it so it does say 'OK'.

Press down arrow key to hi-lite 'USB Diskette on Key/USB Hard Disk'. That one needs to be in the # 1 position, where you see it on my screenshot. If you have to move it, make sure it is hi-lited and then use the F6 key to move it up.

When you get that done, press the 'F10' key, and then the 'Enter' key.
Let me know when you have that done.

Does not work. Will I have to change"secure boot" setting to disable? My jumps from secure boot direct to os boot manager

Staff online