Meet the Brains Behind the Malware-Friendly AI Chat Service ‘WormGPT’

Condobloke

Reaction score
Credits

/s Well isn't that just great! Just when you thought you've seen everything.

Was bound to happen sooner or later though. We're not in Kansas anymore.

“I don’t do this for money,” Morais explained. “It was basically a project I thought [was] interesting at the beginning and now I’m maintaining it just to help [the] community. We have updated a lot since the release, our model is now 5 or 6 times better in terms of learning and answer accuracy.”

SMH

Tools can be used for good or bad. A hammer can be used as a lethal weapon or to build a community center. A knife can be used to kill or create carved art that brings joy to those that see it.

AI is another tool and it will be used for malice.

Hopefully, AI is up to the task of preventing malice. We'll just have to wait to see what tools are built or gain the skills to build them ourselves.

Tools can be used for good or bad. A hammer can be used as a lethal weapon or to build a community center. A knife can be used to kill or create carved art that brings joy to those that see it.

AI is another tool and it will be used for malice.

Hopefully, AI is up to the task of preventing malice. We'll just have to wait to see what tools are built or gain the skills to build them ourselves.
ANY tool for any purpose eventually will as long as there are bad (malicious) intentions. It's a human thing.

ANY tool for any purpose eventually will as long as there are bad (malicious) intentions. It's a human thing.

Yup.

People with bad intentions have always existed. It's safe to assume they will always exist.

Yup.

People with bad intentions have always existed. It's safe to assume they will always exist.
Tech changes. People don't.

Grandpa: "Son, in my days we had the ASK toolbar and DNS poisoning and we thought that was big deal!"

Don't forget "WeatherBug"!

I'd see someone's computer and they'd have like 20 bars worth of web extensions. What'd they call 'em back then on IE? I forget the name... They'd have rows of 'em, including ASK.com.

Toolbars! That's what they called 'em.

Sorry... I just remembered what they were called. I haven't seen one in more than a decade, so I think I can be forgiven for forgetting the name!

Toolbars! That's what they called 'em.

Sorry... I just remembered what they were called. I haven't seen one in more than a decade, so I think I can be forgiven for forgetting the name!
You mean these?
toolbar.jpg

You mean these?

Yup.

What's kinda amusing is now I have all sorts of browser extensions enabled. I'm pretty selective and they do useful things. But, man... Internet Explorer's toolbars were something else.

Members online

Latest posts