LMDE6 Write Up and Review

Alexzee

Reaction score
Credits
Loved this distro so much I installed it on my laptop too.
LMDE6 runs great for an 11 year old machine!

It's very good Distro :)

Loved this distro so much I installed it on my laptop too.

Had upgrade and some on going problems on two of three laptops running LMDE 6. 6 is alright but I actually think 5 was faster and less hassle. Still overall a decent distro.

Last edited:
You guys with new kit :p. My lappy was born on July 12th 2009 and purchased in 2010, LMDE is one of 4 distros I run on it

Somewhere around this house, I have an ancient 32-bit machine with an earlier form of LMDE installed on it. Considering the hardware and the DE's size, it ran quite well. I never expected to use this device and only installed it because I happened to find it. Still, the experience wasn't terrible. There were obvious limitations and expectations, but it did exceed my expectations. I was quite surprised.

I should dig it out and update it. It was only used for like 30 minutes before I got bored with it.

PAE support in 32-bit kernel​

To guarantee compatibility with non-PAE processors, the 32-bit versions of Linux Mint Debian come with a 686 non-PAE kernel by default. For PAE support, simply install the 686-PAE kernel and reboot your computer.

Type the following commands and reboot the computer:

apt update
apt install linux-headers-686-pae linux-image-686-pae

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts