Intro

DexTheDog

Reaction score
Credits
Hello my name is Zachary Ashland my Linux.org username is based on my dogs name Dexter I am going to try and link this page on my posts so people can now my system info. I am a relatively new Linux user but I have used PCs for a while I started with a Win 7 Machine but when I got Win 10 I got sick of Microsoft's Cr@p and switched to Linux Mint Cinnamon.

Ubuntu Mate PC Info

Intel© Core™ i3-9100F CPU @ 3.60GHz × 4

16 GB ram

1 TB Hard drive

NVIDIA Corporation TU104 [GeForce RTX 2060]

Last edited:

A belated welcome, Zachary :)

That sounds like a good rig for Linux.

Enjoy

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Linux Mint Cinnamon PC Info
Intel© Core™ i3-9100F CPU @ 3.60GHz × 4
16 GB ram
1 TB Hard drive
NVIDIA Corporation TU104 [GeForce RTX 2060]
Hello Zachary,

Welcome to linux.org

Yes with those system specs you should have any problem running any Linux distro.

LMC is a good place to start as a lot of new users and seasoned users use LMC so lots of help available if you need it.

Enjoy your Linux adventure.

Last edited by a moderator:
G'day Zachary & Dex. Welcome to Linux.org

You are both welcome here.

I am going to try and link this page on my posts so people can now my system info.
Hi Zachary, You can right-click on "#1" in the upper right corner of your first post, and "copy link." Then you can post the link in your signature, or you can manually list your hardware in your signature instead. Welcome aboard.

Hello Zachary,
Great to have you aboard, enjoy!

@DexTheDog
G'day Zachary welcome aboard.
I take it your avatar is Dexter?
Know what ya mean. Though I didn't get win10,just win7 then straight to Linux Mint 19.2. It was the stories that I was hearing about Win10 caused me to bite the bullet and go all out Linux.

It was the stories that I was hearing about Win10 caused me to bite the bullet and go all out Linux.
W10!!!!!!!!!...anything past XP were bad, they just got worse with each new product was rushed out

with each new product was rushed out
I did not mind Win 7, it handled what I wanted to do. The only bitch I had with it was that I had the so called pro edition but professional it was not, could not display Asian characters since there are times when I required them to talk to people in that part of the world.

My last Windows was Vista. Once the first SP rolled out, it was a pretty solid and functional OS. I have no complaints with it. Even pre-SP1 was alright.

Members online

Latest posts