How to keep myself anonymous and cyber safe using TinycoreLinux ?

True anonymity is a difficult thing. While you could use Tor, that's only useful if you don't browse the regular web with it - and you keep it locked down. If you browse the regular web (and a government cares enough) any entity with access to the end nodes can do a 'timing attack' to get a really good estimation that it's you who sent the original traffic. You'd be anonymous to many things, but you leave a trail of data everywhere you go. Deciding what (and when) to leave that data is up to you.

As far as safety goes, just maintain your system properly and you'll be reasonably safe. That means applying updates as soon as they're reasonably available, using strong passwords, not reusing passwords, and all of that sort of stuff.

Everything KGIII said is important to remember - you probably can't have true ironclad anonymity without extreme measures - and maybe not even then.

However, if your goal is simply to avoid being tracked by cookies from one session to the next, firefox's "private browsing mode" seems decent... but, if you're uncomfortable with those data files that you can't easily see into (and which tend to grow over time) in the .mozilla directory, this aggressive approach might appeal to you:

(If not using firefox as your browser, something similar to this might work but, of course, the details would be different)

1. If you have an existing firefox installation, save your bookmarks to a JSON file
  2. Set up Tiny Core in the usual manner (frugal install, not using persistent home)
  3. Exclude home/tc/.mozilla from your backup.
  4. Install firefox using friefox_getLatest.tcz
  5. Make sure you don't have an existing ~/.mozilla directory
  6. Run firefox but don't do -anything- with it except to set its options to your liking and install whatever firefox extensions you prefer
  7. Load your bookmarks from that JSON file (from step # 1), if any
  8. Exit firefox
  9. Package up the .mozilla directory
    Code:
    tar -czvf firefox_data.tgz ~/.mozilla
  10. Stash the resulting tarball in your tce directory
  11. Write a little script, "firefix", that deletes ~/.mozilla then restores it clean from the tarball. If you're feeling ambitious, add some convenience functionality to the script (like an option for creating a new tarball).
  12. Run the script at startup and whenever you want to clean up firefox (maybe after having clicked that questionable link in facebook or whatever).

Note that any new bookmarks will be lost every time you run the "firefix" script, so back up your bookmarks to a new JSON file, then restore them after running firefix. Occasionally, rebuild the clean tarball with the bookmarks from the latest JSON file loaded.

FWIW, I got all irritated with trackers after I once googled brake parts for my vehicle and all of a sudden started seeing markedly more ads for auto parts and auto mechanic schools and car dealerships etc etc etc. TBH, I probably wasn't using private browsing mode at the time.

There is no ultimate anonymity online. To get online in the first place, one needs an ISP to allocate an IP address, and that's not anonymous. There are far more secure distros than Tiny Linux, such as Tails and Qubes. Here's an opinion piece on the subject: https://www.techradar.com/news/best-linux-distro-privacy-security.

If Tiny Linux has been chosen because one considers a small distribution creates a smaller attack surface online, and therefore appears to be more "cyber safe", the reasoning is questionable. The seriously secure distros rely on software and configurations for their safety, with size being only one consideration.

For every question i ask how to do it with " How to do it " i mean " What is the step by step to do it ? " what is the step by step to install Tor in Tinylinuxcore( please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ) in Tinylinuxcore how can i save my bookmark to a JSON file( please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), how can i make sure i don't have an existing ~/.mozilla directory( please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), how do i set firefox options to be the most cyber safe and anonymous online as possible and which extensions do i install to be the most cyber safe and anonymous online as possible ), how can i load my firefox browser bookmark form the previously mentioned JSON file ( lease review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), To package up the .mozilla directory i just need to execute the folllowing command: " tar -czvf firefox_data.tgz ~/.mozilla " in Tincorelinux terminal ?( please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ) , if not how can i do do it ?( please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), how can i Stash the resulting tarball in your tce directory ( please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), how to write a little script, "firefix", that deletes ~/.mozilla ( please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ) then how can i restores it clean from the tarball( please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me )please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ).How can i add all the convenience functionality to the script needed to help me be more cyber safe and anonymous online ( please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), how can i run the script at startup please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), and whenever you want to clean up firefox please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ),how can i run the previously mentioned script after having clicked that questionable link in facebook or whatever),(please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), how can i backup my bookmark to a JSON file , before i run any time my "firefix" script ,(please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), and how do i restore them after running firefix,(please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), how can i occasionaly rebuild the clean tarball with the latest bookmark from the latest JSON file loaded, how to install Tor browser in tinycorelinux ? ,(please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), what is the regular web ,(please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), how can i keep it locked down (please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ),how can i leave the less possible trails of data using Tor browser in tinycorelinux ,(please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), what things apart from constantly updating my OS, using strong passwords and not reusing passwords is KGIII..., i will continue this comment soon, because i am using live tinycorelinux OS to comment in a high end cpu computer i believe i have a middle end gpu it is a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4 GB RAM GPU, and that means my pc can block in any moment, IAN RIGHT NOW continuing to my questions: referring when he says all that sort of stuff ?(please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me )For every question i ask how to do it with " How to do it " i mean " What is the step by step to do it ? " what is the step by step to install Tor in Tinylinuxcore( please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ) in Tinylinuxcore how can i save my bookmark to a JSON file( please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), how can i make sure i don't have an existing ~/.mozilla directory( please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), how do i set firefox options to be the most cyber safe and anonymous online as possible and which extensions do i install to be the most cyber safe and anonymous online as possible ), how can i load my firefox browser bookmark form the previously mentioned JSON file ( lease review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), To package up the .mozilla directory i just need to execute the folllowing command: " tar -czvf firefox_data.tgz ~/.mozilla " in Tincorelinux terminal ?( please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ) , if not how can i do do it ?( please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), how can i Stash the resulting tarball in your tce directory ( please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), how to write a little script, "firefix", that deletes ~/.mozilla ( please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ) then how can i restores it clean from the tarball( please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me )please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ).How can i add all the convenience functionality to the script needed to help me be more cyber safe and anonymous online ( please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), how can i run the script at startup please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), and whenever you want to clean up firefox please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ),how can i run the previously mentioned script after having clicked that questionable link in facebook or whatever),(please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), how can i backup my bookmark to a JSON file , before i run any time my "firefix" script ,(please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), and how do i restore them after running firefix,(please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), how can i occasionaly rebuild the clean tarball with the latest bookmark from the latest JSON file loaded, how to install Tor browser in tinycorelinux ? ,(please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), what is the regular web ,(please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), how can i keep it locked down (please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ),how can i leave the less possible trails of data using Tor browser in tinycorelinux ,(please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), what things apart from constantly updating my OS, using strong passwords and not reusing passwords is KGIII..., i will continue this comment soon, because i am using live tinycorelinux OS to comment in a high end cpu computer i believe i have a middle end gpu it is a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4 GB RAM GPU, and that means my pc can block in any moment, IAN RIGHT NOW continuing to my questions: referring when he says all that sort of stuff ?(please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me )For every question i ask how to do it with " How to do it " i mean " What is the step by step to do it ? " what is the step by step to install Tor in Tinylinuxcore( please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ) in Tinylinuxcore how can i save my bookmark to a JSON file( please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), how can i make sure i don't have an existing ~/.mozilla directory( please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), how do i set firefox options to be the most cyber safe and anonymous online as possible and which extensions do i install to be the most cyber safe and anonymous online as possible ), how can i load my firefox browser bookmark form the previously mentioned JSON file ( lease review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), To package up the .mozilla directory i just need to execute the folllowing command: " tar -czvf firefox_data.tgz ~/.mozilla " in Tincorelinux terminal ?( please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ) , if not how can i do do it ?( please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), how can i Stash the resulting tarball in your tce directory ( please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), how to write a little script, "firefix", that deletes ~/.mozilla ( please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ) then how can i restores it clean from the tarball( please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me )please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ).How can i add all the convenience functionality to the script needed to help me be more cyber safe and anonymous online ( please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), how can i run the script at startup please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), and whenever you want to clean up firefox please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ),how can i run the previously mentioned script after having clicked that questionable link in facebook or whatever),(please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), how can i backup my bookmark to a JSON file , before i run any time my "firefix" script ,(please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), and how do i restore them after running firefix,(please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), how can i occasionaly rebuild the clean tarball with the latest bookmark from the latest JSON file loaded, how to install Tor browser in tinycorelinux ? ,(please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), what is the regular web ,(please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), how can i keep it locked down (please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ),how can i leave the less possible trails of data using Tor browser in tinycorelinux ,(please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me ), what things apart from constantly updating my OS, using strong passwords and not reusing passwords is KGIII..., i will continue this comment soon, because i am using live tinycorelinux OS to comment in a high end cpu computer i believe i have a middle end gpu it is a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4 GB RAM GPU, and that means my pc can block in any moment, IAN RIGHT NOW continuing to my questions: referring when he says all that sort of stuff ?(please review the particular way to use that OS before answer me )

Last edited:
Wow!

Your post is very dense and very long.

Too hard for me to read. I can only deal with short and simple (maybe).

For every question i ask how to do it with " How to do it " i mean " What is the step by step to do it ? and take into account that Tinycorelinux has a very unusual way to work as, so take its way to work as when answering my questions

Last edited:
what is the step by step to install Tor in Tinylinuxcore in Tinylinuxcore how can i save my bookmark to a JSON file

To package up the .mozilla directory i just need to execute the folllowing command: " tar -czvf firefox_data.tgz ~/.mozilla " in Tincorelinux terminal ? , if not how can i do do it ?​

how to write a little script, "firefix", that deletes ~/.mozilla ?, then how can i restores it clean from the tarball ?

.How can i add all the convenience functionality to the script needed to help me be more cyber safe and anonymous online ?

how can i run the previously mentioned script after having clicked that questionable link in facebook or whatever?

how can i backup my bookmark to a JSON file , before i run any time my "firefix" script?,, and how do i restore them after running firefix ?, how can i occasionaly rebuild the clean tarball with the latest bookmark from the latest JSON file loaded ?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts