How to keep myself anonymous and cyber safe using TinycoreLinux ?

how can i leave the less possible trails of data using Tor browser in tinycorelinux?, what things apart from constantly updating my OS, using strong passwords and not reusing passwords is KGIII referring when he says all that sort of stuff ?

Hi mstprivttoisttails, I have to concur with arochester - my eyes glazed over after the first few lines of your previous post... but I'll address a couple of items from those lines:

Re. TOR: It doesn't look like any recent TOR browser has been packaged up as a Tiny Core extension - at least I don't see it in the x86_64 repo for Tiny Core 14. That topic might be better addressed on the Tiny Core forums as the folks there are usually quite helpful and many are knowledgeable about the building of extensions - someone there might give you some tips on building it yourself or might even build it for you.

Conversely, someone there may point out why it might not be a good idea. I say this because, while I remember having seen mention of the TOR browser on the Tiny Core forum, I -don't- remember having seen anything like that in the past few years. It's not something that interests me all that much though, so I might have just missed something...

(A few minutes pass...) I just checked the repos for past versions of Tiny Core and the most recent tor browser package I found was from January 2017 in the Tiny Core 11.x x86_64 repo. Whether or not that would even work in Tiny Core 14.0 and whether or not it would still be considered effective are both questions that I cannot address (though I'd -guess- "not" to both of them). Strangely, while there is not a documentation package along side tor.tcz, there -is- a tor-doc.tcz package in the Tiny Core 11.x 11.x x86 (32 bit) repo (but no tor.tcz - only the docs) and those docs are even older, dating from May 2014.

Also, the most recent mention of "TOR Browser" in the Tiny Core forum was also from 2017.

If you are using Tiny Core regularly, it would pay you to visit the Tiny Core forum at least every couple of days.

Re. saving one's bookmarks to a JSON file: that's not OS-specific but rather is done through the firefox menu: Bookmarks | Manage Bookmarks | Import and Backup | Backup

I think.....you need to learn how to use google....or some other search facility

You come across as an obnoxious "do this for me" type of person....very demanding.....without showing any of the usual signs of someone who is willing to help him/her self

Perhaps find a paid site where they will succumb to your every whim....for a price.

or....

Take a look and read of the many topics in this site, and modify your demands accordingly

Last edited:
Hi mstprivttoisttails, I have to concur with arochester - my eyes glazed over after the first few lines of your previous post... but I'll address a couple of items from those lines:

Re. TOR: It doesn't look like any recent TOR browser has been packaged up as a Tiny Core extension - at least I don't see it in the x86_64 repo for Tiny Core 14. That topic might be better addressed on the Tiny Core forums as the folks there are usually quite helpful and many are knowledgeable about the building of extensions - someone there might give you some tips on building it yourself or might even build it for you.

Conversely, someone there may point out why it might not be a good idea. I say this because, while I remember having seen mention of the TOR browser on the Tiny Core forum, I -don't- remember having seen anything like that in the past few years. It's not something that interests me all that much though, so I might have just missed something...

(A few minutes pass...) I just checked the repos for past versions of Tiny Core and the most recent tor browser package I found was from January 2017 in the Tiny Core 11.x x86_64 repo. Whether or not that would even work in Tiny Core 14.0 and whether or not it would still be considered effective are both questions that I cannot address (though I'd -guess- "not" to both of them). Strangely, while there is not a documentation package along side tor.tcz, there -is- a tor-doc.tcz package in the Tiny Core 11.x 11.x x86 (32 bit) repo (but no tor.tcz - only the docs) and those docs are even older, dating from May 2014.

Also, the most recent mention of "TOR Browser" in the Tiny Core forum was also from 2017.

If you are using Tiny Core regularly, it would pay you to visit the Tiny Core forum at least every couple of days.

Re. saving one's bookmarks to a JSON file: that's not OS-specific but rather is done through the firefox menu: Bookmarks | Manage Bookmarks | Import and Backup | Backup

i can't register to tinycorelinux.net forums without being anonymous online, that is because i use the same source that brings me internet, where using it i was banned fromthat forum uisng another pc, whati mean is that i am using the same internet lan type interent from a router that brought me my ISP, that router was provided by the same interent provider that gave me the router with which one i was banned from that forum, i was banned because i didn't realize that what was doing was spamning and other time because i confused that the subfroum from main froum to talk about something i needed to do with that distro was one in specific when actaully was onether one and if i try to register i will get inmediatly banned with my preivious router using antoher pc registernig in that forum after my second ban i was inmediatly banned

Last edited:
i can't register to tinycorelinux.net forums without being anonymous online, that is because i use the same source that brings me internet, where using it i was banned fromthat forum uisng another pc, whati mean is that i am using the same internet lan type interent from a router that brought me my ISP, that router was provided by the same interent provider that gave me the router with which one i was banned from that forum, i was banned because i didn't realize that what was doing was spamning and other time because i confused that the subfroum from main froum to talk about something i needed to do with that distro was one in specific when actaully was onether one and if i try to register i will get inmediatly banned with my preivious router using antoher pc registernig in that forum after my second ban i was inmediatly banned
Thank you for providing the motivations for your questions. One simple answer to this issue which you have outlined is to change your ISP and router and email addresses. Then also, not resort to the behavours which resulted in the difficulties that you have had in the past. Starting afresh has it's benefits.

Thank you for providing the motivations for your questions. One simple answer to this issue which you have outlined is to change your ISP and router and email addresses. Then also, not resort to the behavours which resulted in the difficulties that you have had in the past. Starting afresh has it's benefits.
i could be banned two times because i changed 2 times the Motherboard of my pc and in both motherboards i was banned, first in the first motherboard by first reason and second in second mottherboard by second reason that motherboards where of the same pc i am using the third motherboard i haven't tried to register because i hink i will get banned again, the thrid motherboard pc gets interent from the same router than 2 motherboard pc, i will use all the info i have got until now from this and other sources to solve my issue

i could be banned two times because i changed 2 times the Motherboard of my pc and in both motherboards i was banned, first in the first motherboard by first reason and second in second mottherboard by second reason that motherboards where of the same pc i am using the third motherboard i haven't tried to register because i hink i will get banned again, the thrid motherboard pc gets interent from the same router than 2 motherboard pc, i will use all the info i have got until now from this and other sources to solve my issue
I think it's the IP address and email address that identifies you to the forums, and a new ISP would provide you with a new IP address from the range it uses to supply its customers, which would be different from the current ISP's range. It may of course be a nuisance to make such a big change, but it's probably a cost-benefit issue ultimately ... so I'd be asking myself: is it worth doing to get a new start? Making such a change neutralises the whole anonymity issue, and the future would simply depend on observing and following the behaviours appropriate to the various forums which one engages with.

Last edited:
It is usual in Forums to ask ONE question in a Thread.

You have asked MANY QUESTIONS in one Thread.

For your last question, how to install Tor in Tiny Core Linux, a Google search says: https://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=21203.0

If you need to ask many questions about Tiny Core Linux maybe Tiny Core Linux is not for you yet. There are easier Linux Distros suitable for new users

Members online

Latest posts