Hello, I would like to make sure that this Laptop supports Fedora.

That question needs to be reversed, it's not if the laptop supports Linux but dose Linux support the laptop.
Lenovo are one of the best machines for using any Linux on, the only thing to remember is you may need to do a bit of work setting up and installing the odd driver, Fedora is a RHEL clone and should give you little problems.
Just bear in mind this is a new bit of Kit, with latest components, therefore you may encounter problems with lack of drivers.

This is a W11 machine, if you are planning on a clean installation [removing windows completely] or a multi boot installation, you will need to disable both windows quick-start [fast boot] and Secure boot in the bios and do a full power re-start before installing Linux

That question needs to be reversed, it's not if the laptop supports Linux but dose Linux support the laptop.
Lenovo are one of the best machines for using any Linux on, the only thing to remember is you may need to do a bit of work setting up and installing the odd driver, Fedora is a RHEL clone and should give you little problems.
Just bear in mind this is a new bit of Kit, with latest components, therefore you may encounter problems with lack of drivers.

This is a W11 machine, if you are planning on a clean installation [removing windows completely] or a multi boot installation, you will need to disable both windows quick-start [fast boot] and Secure boot in the bios and do a full power re-start before installing Linux
Okay, thanks. Do I really have to disable Secure Boot? Isnt fedora secureboot compatibile? I also saw that it has Microsoft Pluton built-in which should be pretty simple to enable 3rd party CAs so I can install fedora.

Hello @speedruner08 ,
Welcome to the Linux.org forum, Best way to find out how it will play is to run the live usb of fedora and see if everything is working.
The secure boot thing is the normal advise as it interferes with some drivers and hardware detection on may Distros. I'm not sure about fedora. But Lenovos ususally work well with linux. And even though it named secure boot in Windows it really has little to do with security in linux. Good luck and enjoy the journey!

Hello @speedruner08 ,
Welcome to the Linux.org forum, Best way to find out how it will play is to run the live usb of fedora and see if everything is working.
The secure boot thing is the normal advise as it interferes with some drivers and hardware detection on may Distros. I'm not sure about fedora. But Lenovos ususally work well with linux. And even though it named secure boot in Windows it really has little to do with security in linux. Good luck and enjoy the journey!
Okay thanks. I did not but the laptop yet. When installing nnvidia drivers just sign them and enroll the to MOK, right?

Some distributions say they are Secure boot compatible, but It's not always so, so I always say disable
to avoid possible problems

Microsoft Pluton
this is a new development, I have not used Windows for many years, this is a new development of which I know little, except its an additional bit of control firmware to enhance windows security [which you will find is unnecessary on Linux]

Some distributions say they are Secure boot compatible, but It's not always so, so I always say disable
to avoid possible problems

this is a new development, I have not used Windows for many years, this is a new development of which I know little, except its an additional bit of control firmware to enhance windows security [which you will find is unnecessary on Linux]
Okay, thanks. I will try it with secure boot enabled first.

Okay, thanks. Do I really have to disable Secure Boot? Isnt fedora secureboot compatibile? I also saw that it has Microsoft Pluton built-in which should be pretty simple to enable 3rd party CAs so I can install fedora.
I am running Fedora with Secure Boot on a Framework Laptop, and I used to run it with Secure Boot on a ThinkPad T490s.

The only extra chore you may run into is when you install modules from sources other than the Fedora repos, which you will have to sign with your own Machine Owner Key --for example, I used to do that when I was using VirtualBox installed from "rpm fusion". If nothing of this makes sense to you, then most likely you won't run in these situations for a while.

I haven't got any laptop with Pluton but I'm sure there are guides around to walk around it.

I am running Fedora with Secure Boot on a Framework Laptop, and I used to run it with Secure Boot on a ThinkPad T490s.

The only extra chore you may run into is when you install modules from sources other than the Fedora repos, which you will have to sign with your own Machine Owner Key --for example, I used to do that when I was using VirtualBox installed from "rpm fusion". If nothing of this makes sense to you, then most likely you won't run in these situations for a while.

I haven't got any laptop with Pluton but I'm sure there are guides around to walk around it.
Okay, thanks. Would rebasing to something like UblueOS nvidia edition be simplier? Right?

Right, so it seems your laptop has an nvidia card. If you plan to use the proprietary driver, then you'll run into these situations where you need to sign the module.

I'd say definitely disable Secure Boot, or else every time you update the nvidia proprietary module you'll lose the desktop environment until you sign the module and reboot.

I don't know UblueOS, but any linux distribution can run Proton and all the gaming compatibility layer just fine.

Okay, nice. Thanks. Yes, I plan to use the proprietary one. What about I make some script to sign them automatically?

Every computer I have runs secure boot. Most are fedora.
Not all Linux's are license to run secure boot shims in EFI.

If you're not running in EFI mode ( Legacy BIOS ) then I
would disable it.

Every computer I have runs secure boot. Most are fedora.
Not all Linux's are license to run secure boot shims in EFI.

If you're not running in EFI mode ( Legacy BIOS ) then I
would disable it.
Okay, thanks. Yes I will be running in EFI mode.

I have two using secure boot - a Lubuntu install and a Mint install.

I never have to sign anything. In fact, I was able to move the SSD to a whole other computer, muck about in the settings, and boot to the Mint install on said SSD just by pointing to it.

I have two using secure boot - a Lubuntu install and a Mint install.

I never have to sign anything. In fact, I was able to move the SSD to a whole other computer, muck about in the settings, and boot to the Mint install on said SSD just by pointing to it.
Nice! Thanks.

I would disable secure boot, however I run fedora on plenty of systems with secure boot without issue.

Staff online

Members online