Fowarding mail

Madd00x

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, i try to explain what i want to do.
I bought a domain name and a mail service.
I can foward mail directly to another mail service, like Gmail, ecc ecc.
How can i foward mail directly to my Linux mail server i already installed?
I can get or send mail using THunderbird and Postfix, but the same incoming mail are also stored in the mail service i bought.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2024-02-24 15-20-14.png
    Screenshot from 2024-02-24 15-20-14.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot from 2024-02-24 15-24-23.png
    Screenshot from 2024-02-24 15-24-23.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

I moved this to Mail Server, which makes sense.

I confess, I'd forgotten we even had a Mail Server sub-forum.

How can i foward mail directly to my Linux mail server i already installed?
Setup your Linux server to act as a receiving mailserver and have mailboxes and adresses available on it where the mails can be delivered to.

Setup your Linux server to act as a receiving mailserver and have mailboxes and adresses available on it where the mails can be delivered to.
Postfix and Dovecot are already installed, everything work fine. What i need is to use my own pc with my own domain name, i don't know what to do with hostname, dns, etc etc.

Postfix and Dovecot are already installed, everything work fine. What i need is to use my own pc with my own domain name, i don't know what to do with hostname, dns, etc etc.
Plenty of guides on the web of how to do that, you just have to search for them.

Plenty of guides on the web of how to do that, you just have to search for them.
Well, I entered the mail service account and changed the parameters to mine (MX and ip address).
Now I want to start from scratch, I installed Debian 12 because I feel better with this distribution. What should I do step by step on my PC side?
dig novax.lol MX

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2024-02-25 13-33-34.png
    Screenshot from 2024-02-25 13-33-34.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 45
  • MS Paint Microsoft Paint Online.png
    MS Paint Microsoft Paint Online.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 52
Now I want to start from scratch, I installed Debian 12 because I feel better with this distribution. What should I do step by step on my PC side?
What do you mean you start from scratch? If you have Postfix running and configured you need to have port 25 opened in your firewall on Debian and if you are running it from your home connection you will need to setup port forwarding for that port to your Debian system. One thing is if you are doing this from your home connection, it's likely not going to work because almost all ISP's have port 25 outgoing blocked to prevent hacked pc's from causing a spam storm.

Staff online

Members online