Feeling a little outnumbered this morning

Brickwizard

Reaction score
Credits
members on line
Brickwizard
Total: 2,108 (members: 1, guests: 2,107)

members on line
Brickwizard
Total: 2,108 (members: 1, guests: 2,107)
You're not alone brother:--:)

I'm off to work and will return later.

We are here with you @Brickwizard :)
I come and go throughout the day.

I come and go throughout the day.
Me too. But I found it Strang, in the past if we had over 1000 visitors the site use to crash, I can only assume we are still filtering for for attacks

:lol: I pop in several times a day usually, but I never really bother to see who else is online with me, just read, (& answer if I can), anything new. :)

I'm typically here in the shadows gathering as much information as I can without leaving any trace more than a like and MAYBE a comment..think of it like a hungry vampire or something, but with nerd things. :D

I'm typically here in the shadows gathering as much information as I can without leaving any trace more than a like and MAYBE a comment..think of it like a hungry vampire or something, but with nerd things. :D
forgot to ask, but why exactly do the guests greatly outnumber the members? I've always found that strange.

but why exactly do the guests greatly outnumber the members
guest are anyone accessing the site, but not logged in as a member, some guest will be members who have not signed in, some are bots, and the rest will be non-members who have found their way here by the use of a search engine

I'd rather be in the back of the room rather than up on the stage.
If I can help I don't mind helping.
It's a PITA having to type what needs to be said when you can't type I'm one of those who never learned how to type.

Yeah, that's not that uncommon. We don't have that many active users but we do attract a lot of bots and rank well in search engines. It's less common during US daylight hours and US early evening hours, but it still sometimes happens.

We are no longer using the tight filtering we were using in the past. The filters are no longer in 'attack mode' or anything. You'd see that when it showed you a special screen where it's checking you out and may ask you to fill in a CAPTCHA. That screen isn't showing, so that has been turned off - and turned off for quite a while now.

It's a PITA having to type what needs to be said when you can't type I'm one of those who never learned how to type.

Install an IRC client and find an active channel that has chat content that interests you.

Next, memorize where the backspace key is. You should know where the space bar is, 'cause that is the biggest key.

Now, refuse to look at the keyboard. You may have to look after like 10 seconds, but avoid looking at the keyboard as much as humanly possible.

Keep that up for a while. Do it every day for a couple of hours. It doesn't have to be two hours as a solid block, but the longer the practice period the better and quicker the results (I suspect).

That's basically how I learned to type. I've only failed two courses in my life. One in high school which was typing. The other was in college and was called keyboarding. When I do the typing tests today, I get in the 90 WPM area, even though I use the 'wrong' fingers for various keys.

Don't worry about not being a 'typist', I mainly use 2 fingers, it works quite well enough...... ;)

Regarding numbers online at any one time, lots of people come via search engines just looking for info about something they are having trouble with, which is fine, nobody minds.

I learned a lot by reading books, I didn't have internet at first, then only a dial up connection for quite some time, that costs money if you use it a lot, so it wasn't until I got broadband that I started out trying to help out - I figured, if some people are clever enough to program & give it away for free, the least I can do is help where I can - so here I am, no expert, but know some stuff that I'm happy to share...

Members online