Does anyone use Linux with HP Pavilion Aero 13?

Opensaver

Reaction score
Credits
Hi. I want to buy HP Pavilion Aero 13 laptop but I wonder the Linux compatibility. Does anyone using this laptop with Linux?

I have a HP Zbook laptop which runs fine with Linux, so your laptop shouldn't be a problem.

If it the latest version then there are two possible problems,
The Railteck wi-fi could be a problem [there are solutions to that]
and the AMD Ryzone CPU , these only have native support in Linux Kernel 5.10 or higher.
my first thought is try it with MX Linux with AHS [advance hardware support] I am not saying make it your distribution of choice but it could be the easy option, if it works live then whatever you choose as your distribution can be modified with a bit of dedication

This page may interest you:

You'll need said laptop to tell, but it's really the only way to be certain (unless the vendor has certified it to work with Linux, of course - and even then it may only be certified with a single kernel and distro).

I installed KDE Neon on my pavilion 13 aero. I managed to enable the wifi using this driver. However I still have problem with suspend. The screen is completely black after sleep. If I close the lid and open it, it reboots.
The wifi reception is poor even on windows.

I bought the Hp Pavilion Aero 13 and installed Fedora 38 on it and it's such a pain drivers are not available for this laptop. The wifi is detected but cannot connect as the signal is too weak however on windows at the same desk in my bedroom it is full bars, zero issues. This is a deal breaker for me as the laptop has no ethernet port. The fingerprint scanner has no linux drivers, so it's password typing every time. Windows boots in literally 3 seconds while linux takes about 10 or so. It really pains me to say this but for this laptop windows is the way to go.

I bought the Hp Pavilion Aero 13 and installed Fedora 38 on it and it's such a pain drivers are not available for this laptop. The wifi is detected but cannot connect as the signal is too weak however on windows at the same desk in my bedroom it is full bars, zero issues. This is a deal breaker for me as the laptop has no ethernet port. The fingerprint scanner has no linux drivers, so it's password typing every time. Windows boots in literally 3 seconds while linux takes about 10 or so. It really pains me to say this but for this laptop windows is the way to go.
Have you tried any other distros such as Mint or MX Linux?

The fingerprint scanner has no linux drivers,
try installing Fingerprint GUI it is the common Linux app for print readers
he wifi is detected but cannot connect

you need to install the RTL driver for the wi fi from the link above [post 5], either by using a friends' computer to download it to pen-drive or by tethering to a mobile phone network

try installing Fingerprint GUI it is the common Linux app for print readers

you need to install the RTL driver for the wi fi from the link above [post 5], either by using a friends' computer to download it to pen-drive or by tethering to a mobile phone network
Let me give this a go