Does anyone use Linux with HP Pavilion Aero 13?

Opensaver

Credits
Hi. I want to buy HP Pavilion Aero 13 laptop but I wonder the Linux compatibility. Does anyone using this laptop with Linux?

f33dm3bits

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Credits
I have a HP Zbook laptop which runs fine with Linux, so your laptop shouldn't be a problem.

brickwizard

Credits
If it the latest version then there are two possible problems,
The Railteck wi-fi could be a problem [there are solutions to that]
and the AMD Ryzone CPU , these only have native support in Linux Kernel 5.10 or higher.
my first thought is try it with MX Linux with AHS [advance hardware support] I am not saying make it your distribution of choice but it could be the easy option, if it works live then whatever you choose as your distribution can be modified with a bit of dedication

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Credits
This page may interest you:

You'll need said laptop to tell, but it's really the only way to be certain (unless the vendor has certified it to work with Linux, of course - and even then it may only be certified with a single kernel and distro).

jingglang

Credits
I installed KDE Neon on my pavilion 13 aero. I managed to enable the wifi using this driver. However I still have problem with suspend. The screen is completely black after sleep. If I close the lid and open it, it reboots.
The wifi reception is poor even on windows.

$100 Digital Ocean Credit
Get a free VM to test out Linux!