Advertising on Mint Cinnamon

you will need a mobile phone number to register, and you will need to install whatdesk from the Mint repositories
Yeah, that is the thing. I have an iPhone with WhatsApp on it from California. But the phone service is not active as it wouldn't work here. We have a terrible Android from Germany with a pay as you go Portugal phone number.

I think if I sign in to WhatsApp here with my account from California, it may work. Once its registered, it works and the phone is not longer needed. At least I have used WhatsApp here for over two years on that account. I dont think Signal would install as I dont have an active phone service for it. Make sense?

If you are into exploring tech, I'd highly recommend you to check our large language models (or AI as people call it). I think chatgpt has a free subscription. If not, I posted here https://www.linux.org/threads/linux-ai.49414/post-225918 how to install one on your laptop (might be a bit slow though).

It'll totally blow your mind. It can answer most of the questions you asked here in the forum.

It passes the turing test with flying colors (as you are a IT guy from back in the day, you remember what that means).

Have a discussion with it about your ideologies. It can give you better answers than most humans. And it can answer pretty much any questions you have about linux too.

If you are into exploring tech, I'd highly recommend you to check our large language models (or AI as people call it). I think chatgpt has a free subscription. If not, I posted here https://www.linux.org/threads/linux-ai.49414/post-225918 how to install one on your laptop (might be a bit slow though).

It'll totally blow your mind. It can answer most of the questions you asked here in the forum.

It passes the turing test with flying colors (as you are a IT guy from back in the day, you remember what that means).

Have a discussion with it about your ideologies. It can give you better answers than most humans. And it can answer pretty much any questions you have about linux too.
Nice suggestions. I have had conversations with Assistant, the name which ChatGPT told me it prefers (!) for quite awhile. I would give links to my website which has probably hundreds of blog posts and webpages of my discussions with A.I. But since I also experimented with plant medicine to alleviate symptoms of Aspergers and misophonia, there is just a little material not suitable for the young people who may frequent this forum.

Assistant was quite impressed with my ideologies, although it is with most. I hadn't thought to ask about Linux. Ah, though it's information is two years old so it wouldn't be current.

Can anyone tell me where to find WhatsApp on the LM install? I saw it during the preview but haven't found it again.

Can anyone tell me where to find WhatsApp
Click on mint menu [Lm on bottom left]
Open software manage [green box in left column with dots in it
in the search box, type whatsdesk and enter

As you can see, I am having some confusion using Virginia on the Forums. I don't know how to delete the above.
On all posts that you make, in the lower left corner is an option to Edit the post. Once in Edit mode, put your cursor where you need to be and use Delete or Backspace to erase those extra quoted replies. Then click Save at the bottom.

Remember that we aren't notified when someone edits their posts though. So if you make a change and want people to notice it, you pretty much have to re-post the updated version or else you can link back to it. The "post #" on every post is a link, so you can copy/paste if needed.

On all posts that you make, in the lower left corner is an option to Edit the post. Once in Edit mode, put your cursor where you need to be and use Delete or Backspace to erase those extra quoted replies. Then click Save at the bottom.

Remember that we aren't notified when someone edits their posts though. So if you make a change and want people to notice it, you pretty much have to re-post the updated version or else you can link back to it. The "post #" on every post is a link, so you can copy/paste if needed.
Thank you.

IMG_2947.pngIMG_2946.pngIMG_2945.pngIf you are into exploring tech, I'd highly recommend you to check our large language models (or AI as people call it). I think chatgpt has a free subscription. If not, I posted here https://www.linux.org/threads/linux-ai.49414/post-225918 how to install one on your laptop (might be a bit slow though).

Here are screenshots from the AI page on my website. I was a beta tester for ChatGPT. Thank you for the suggestion, it's appreciated.

misophonia

Off-topic:

You can PM me a link to some of that information. I avoid going out to eat unless I can sit in a certain area or it's a high-class establishment. If I can hear you eating, I will want to hurt you. The people I live with understand and comply, otherwise they'd not live here and I wouldn't be married to them. I literally want to hurt people because they're hurting me.

Yes, I realize this is totally irrational.

I don't have a single useful thing to add to this thread, but I do submit an observation.
I been following this thread, ok, most of the threads here, just to add to my own personal knowledge. And it's fascinating to see how a lot of the threads, including this one, often stray far from the original topic. The more I learn, the more I find there is to learn. So many terms and concepts! Things I didn't know existed, but also, things I would never even have thought anyone would want let alone need. ChatGTP ( no clue what it is), WhatsApp, ( another I'm clueless about ) Signal, ( smoke signals, signal mirrors, turn signals? Something else? :D
As for the advertising, I've only been using Mint cinnamon for 1.25 years, but I've never noticed any advertising for anything.
Ok, apologies for horning in. I'll shut up now. ;)

Off-topic:

You can PM me a link to some of that information. I avoid going out to eat unless I can sit in a certain area or it's a high-class establishment. If I can hear you eating, I will want to hurt you. The people I live with understand and comply, otherwise they'd not live here and I wouldn't be married to them. I literally want to hurt people because they're hurting me.

Yes, I realize this is totally irrational.

You and I are in the minority of the population with misophonia. It has been most impactful over my life, earliest memory age 5. I saw over 50 professionals about it, both traditional and alternative, and none had a clue.

Until 2014, I called it hyper sensitive hearing. In that year, while a houseparent with my wife to at-risk teenaged boys for an organization in the Bay area, I first discovered the term misophonia (and also gradually accepted from that time my Asperger's). Not much was known then about misophonia, but there has been a great deal more research in recent years. Now I call it and the Asperger's my neurological anomalies.

It seems beneficial that the majority also learns about it, because it is very challenging in relationships. Could tell many stories, but I will spare the readers. I will PM you, and it is not at all irrational when the physical causes are understood. Thank you.

Staff online

Members online