Your Discord Data Is Being Sold to Law Enforcement and AI Companies Assume your Discord conversations are public.

Condobloke

Reaction score
Credits

I don't want to sound impolite, but anyone using Discord to discuss their illegal activities is not very smart.

If you're going to break the law, don't discuss it on the internet.

REALLY!

NO!
YES!
NO!1!!!1111!!!
YES11!!!

WHY DIDN'T ANYONE WARN US xDDD

One of my fav stories is this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EncroChat

you can use open source, or you can buy this phone for 1000 usd which is SECURE !1!!11!ELEVEN!!! WE PROMISE! xD

One of my fav stories is this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EncroChat

This should amuse you:

Yeah... From a good-guy viewpoint, that was amazing. It took several covert actions to turn the phone into super-encrypted mode but the reality was that it was all a government ploy to catch criminals.

And catch criminals it did.

It violated US evidentiary rules so few Americans were caught up in it - but that was expected from the start. The FBI promptly turned over the data to other countries for them to prosecute.

That's right... The US govt was behind the super encrypted phone used pretty much exclusively by high level criminals, specifically drug dealers. As far as operations go, that one was pretty clever.

I don't/won't let this turn political but this was straight up brilliant.

This should amuse you:

Yeah... From a good-guy viewpoint, that was amazing. It took several covert actions to turn the phone into super-encrypted mode but the reality was that it was all a government ploy to catch criminals.

And catch criminals it did.

It violated US evidentiary rules so few Americans were caught up in it - but that was expected from the start. The FBI promptly turned over the data to other countries for them to prosecute.

That's right... The US govt was behind the super encrypted phone used pretty much exclusively by high level criminals, specifically drug dealers. As far as operations go, that one was pretty clever.

I don't/won't let this turn political but this was straight up brilliant.
yes it was a great sting op, but what scares me is that no matter how good something is or how good it was intended, it is ALWAYS corrupted by corporations and gov't and inevitably hurts the ordinary person and their freedoms. Great they caught people but I can't help but wonder how it will be abused.

yes it was a great sting op, but what scares me is that no matter how good something is or how good it was intended, it is ALWAYS corrupted by corporations and gov't and inevitably hurts the ordinary person and their freedoms. Great they caught people but I can't help but wonder how it will be abused.

Any response to this would be too close to political, and I'm not above the rules.

Absolutely

Stealing data and selling it...you mean to say m$ isn't the only one.
1714104065767.gif

Just imagine if Stalin or Hitler had this technology.

Here is my opinion that is otherwise generalization but it works just fine for me and turns out to be true sooner or later...

Any (or 99%) of successful online companies especially social media platforms will eventually either sell your data or otherwise get hacked resulting in same outcome. (they work for money after all and money always smells good)
They might orchestrate getting "hacked" to guard them self from breaking privacy policy and to retain their good image, think about that.

Therefore if you care, just stay away from them and watch the crowd punish themself.
Reports such as this are not the first one and surely not the last one.

Be especially careful of those who self-proclaim to be privacy oriented such as search engines, a company gets awarded "privacy" badge by users not by the company itself.

A wise person once said "don't brag, let other people brag you", in this light a company that self-proclaims privacy cannot be trusted outright.

Staff online

Members online