Wishing All a merry christmas

MERRY Christmas

I saw that you got back online. Did you lose power, if so for long?

I didn't lose power (local power generation is adequate) but mains power dropped out for about 24 hours. What I did lose was a cell phone tower. That came back online late this morning.

I saw that you got back online. Did you lose power, if so for long?

I didn't lose power (local power generation is adequate) but mains power dropped out for about 24 hours. What I did lose was a cell phone tower. That came back online late this morning.
lost power twice but for only about 1 hr each time so was not too bad. We only got about 4" of heavy wet snow here. Will melt most of it before Christmas if it gets into the 50's on Friday with rain, yuk! Would rather have snow this time of year as it will all freeze and be a mess. Did loose internet for about 1 hour also. But everything back to normal whatever that is now ;)

Have a Merry Christmas. Enjoy the season!

Enjoy the season!

Indeed I shall! You too!

Seeing as this is in 'off topic', I'll elaborate. I got about 24" of heavy/compressed snow. As it sat, it has compressed more. So, it looks like it's closer to 16" of snow today.

Man, if this had been the light and fluffy snow, it'd have been close to 30". For parts of this one it came down in clumped flakes, so it was obviously going to result in power loss at my place. There's a reason why I don't rely on mains power!

For those unfamiliar with snow, there are all sorts of types of snow. There's quite a variety in how it falls, how it forms, how it settles, the size of the flakes, etc... I pay careful attention to the weather, especially in the winter. I find it fascinating and awesome. I also have all the tools to move snow easily and efficiently.

Which, I suppose is still Christmas themed.

After all, how does the song go? "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones I used to know."

For me, the snow does make it more festive.

Speaking of which, there's a 'secular holiday' called Festivus. That's a bit sooner than Christmas.

Happy Holidays from ABQ,!

Where we have highs in the low 40s and lows in the high 20s at present.
Much more pleasant than the three degrees my friends report back in the Inland Empire. I'll take it!

Enjoy, wherever you find yourselves!

Where we have highs in the low 40s and lows in the high 20s at present.

I've only driven through. That's considered kinda up in the high country, yes? Otherwise, I'd expect NM to be in the 50s or so. I've spent some time in Taos, visiting 'my people' on the reserve around this time of the year and they had some light snow and ice on the ground. I was there for Christmas/NYE.

I guess there was technically some skiing available in the area? I didn't seek that out. I assume it was further north towards the mountains a bit more. I came up, on that trip, out of Roswell - through Santa Fe (which was awesome, for the record).

The funniest thing I saw in Santa Fe was the crosswalk button at horse-rider height - and someone legitimately using said button.

Merry Christmas to all.
t77107.gif

@KGIII -- two ski areas exist in the far southern Rockies -- Ski Apache and Cloudcroft. Cloudcroft is the southernmost ski area in the US. They are just to the north and just to the south of the Mescalero Reservation, respectively. Seven others are all to the north of Albuquerque.

It is "colder than normal" for this time of year I am told by long-time locals. Still, it is sunny and pleasant, to me. ABQ is at a mile in elevation, give or take a thousand feet from the Rio Grande River to the village of Cedar Crest. 20 miles west of there the Southern Great Plains begin.

New Mexico is a state unto its own in many ways. Visit it three times for any length of time and you will most likely find yourself waning to go back to "The Land of Enchantment," as they say. I found such to be true, for me!

Again, Happy Holidays to everyone!

Visit it three times for any length of time and you will most likely find yourself waning to go back to "The Land of Enchantment," as they say.

It's one of those areas I have visited, but mostly driven through. My trip to Roswell and Taos was probably only three weeks in total.

Alas, I prefer the mountains of Maine. They lack the majesty of the Rockies, but they seem wizened by age due to the massive erosion due to the glaciers. I also love that I get tons of snow with a vibrant summer - that's not too hot.

But, there's some seriously awesome sunsets where you live. Man, the colors just come alive.

Best wishes and Happy Holidays to you all !

santa-claus-g3d51942ca_1280.jpg

Cheers,
Eddy

Last edited:
Joyeux Noel.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts