Wishing All a merry christmas

LOL @ username.

Given your account age, I assume you are mostly harmless. I don't recall seeing it before.

So, with that said, happy holidays!

Happy Christmas too, but I figured I'd be a bit more inclusive. After all, my birthday is coming up and that should be a national holiday!

yule 6.jpg

Yuletide greetings to you all and blessings to your families for the New year

I don't recall seeing it before.

The OP, my friend, joined a few days after I did. He had a name change in the not so distant past.

Same back at you and yours, Hansel. :)

Chris

Christmas is Claus for celebration!

That warm feeling isn’t just the Christmas spirit. I think you left the oven on.

Have a good one, everybody !

Gotta get us a Groan button - New Year's Resolution no. 476

Gotta get us a Groan button - New Year's Resolution no. 476

Off-topic but placed where it needs to be.

I'm glad you're here 'early'. My connectivity is in question for an indefinite amount of time.

Also, the rest of the people from Maine may get their power back soon. I have solar/wind and banks of batteries for storage and then I have a full-house generator. I'm good in that department. But, the cell tower (there's only one that I can reach) appears to be down.

If I go into the village, they have power in-town. There's also a cell connection that works. As awesome as it sounds, I'm not gonna drive to the village just to make a post, as awesome as that sounds.

The satellite connection is about as bad. Picture dial-up speeds.

It wasn't much snow, but it was fairly warm (considering). That means it is a very heavy snow. Fortunately, it wasn't all that windy. (Remind me to describe my wind some day, but not while on a phone.)

This was way too much effort to type on a mobile device. I had to come to the village anyhow.

In hindsight, I should have brought a laptop and tethered it to my phone. It could be fixed by tomorrow. It could be fixed by tonight. It could be fixed by next Friday.

Merry Chistmas to you as well!

And to that end I have moved this to Off Topic.

I coulda sworn it was already there. But, it was a hectic day.

I'm not online for long.

On a positive note, mains power is back on.

On a positive note, satellite is intermittent - likely due to the heavy clouds.

Nah....I'll pass.....

I live just a couple of mountains away from Mt. Washington. I get winds that'd blow your mind - fairly often.

Mt. Washington holds the record - gusting up to 231 mph. 80 mph isn't uncommon here on the mountain. I've had multiple weather stations stolen by the wind. I use sonotube and concrete, but the wind still steals them. The one I have now has held up nicely. I welded it in place. My highest recorded gust is something like 118 mph.

It's awesome. The house is huge and it rocks the whole thing. Add snow and 30' deep snow drifts aren't unrealistic. I love it!

It's awesome. The house is huge and it rocks the whole thing. Add snow and 30' deep snow drifts aren't unrealistic. I love it!
There is a word for that...Masochistic

There is a word for that...Masochistic

I have all the gear to deal with the snow. We got about 2' of snow - about 61 cm. So, not that much - but enough to make me as giddy as a new bride. Of all the times for me to lose my 'net, this is pretty much the best time it could be!

We have two others from Maine, but their snow totals will vary. I'm a wee bit concerned if they don't have their power and internet back on by now.

Merry Christmas! Uff Da Krampus

In keeping with my previous comment, Google tells me Hanukkah began last night. So, there's that to add to the holidays.

Staff online

Members online