WiFi tab missing under settings in POP_OS

If it's an intel card Pop should recognize it as pop is based on ubuntu 22.04 and intel drivers are found in the linux kernel.
My old dell which was 1600 series model use broadcom mini card. Not saying that is what in the 1535 though.

OK lets try to re-boot the bios again [the long way round] disconnect the power supply, pull the battery [disconnect it] and hold down the power key for 30 seconds, re fit battery and connect power supply, switch on. [I am still trying to find where dell hides the wind quick start on that modle]

Back to the possibility of a hard block, remove USB dongle, press and hold FN and press F2, release both and run inxi -Nn to see if the onboard wi-fi is now recognised.

OK lets try to re-boot the bios again [the long way round] disconnect the power supply, pull the battery [disconnect it] and hold down the power key for 30 seconds, re fit battery and connect power supply, switch on. [I am still trying to find where dell hides the wind quick start on that modle]
No luck :(

Then my friend, I am at a loss, we have tried the usual fixes and a couple not so, As i assume the onboard Wi-Fi worked in windows then it must be a Pop/laptop mismatch somewhere,
As I said in the beginning, if pop works out of the box on your kit, then it's good, but if it doesn't it's a pain in the butt.
Your options as I see it are keep Pop and use the dongle, or try a different distribution, such as MX Linux with AHS

Then my friend, I am at a loss, we have tried the usual fixes and a couple not so, As i assume the onboard Wi-Fi worked in windows then it must be a Pop/laptop mismatch somewhere,
As I said in the beginning, if pop works out of the box on your kit, then it's good, but if it doesn't it's a pain in the butt.
Your options as I see it are keep Pop and use the dongle, or try a different distribution, such as MX Linux with AHS
I keep POP for now.

Thank so much for the help :)

Members online

Latest posts